Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

Got the hell off Facebook

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Dragonater 
#1 ·
Well,...I got the hell off Facebook. Social media of that type is no longer safe or secure to use! I'll leave it right there,and say no more about it!:smile2:

#2 ·
Good for you. I never got on it in the first place. It's just an advertising, marketing and monetizing platform. You don't own anything you post there. And the businesses on facebook who want me to like them just make me hate them. "Like us and get 10% off your order!" How about I don't like you and take my business elsewhere.

All your friends on facebook are struggling to make their boring lives sound more interesting and fun than they actually are.

The rest of your friends are in a contest to see who can have more friends, even though half the friends haven't been seen face to face in years.

Social media is destroying human relationships by turning our fundamental emotional connections into commodities.

Just getting started here, but I'll stop before I go off the deep end. :D

#3 · (Edited)
I use it as a vehicle for writing and comedy....and a sad way to discover the horrifying sociopolitical and religious views of people I once respected. ;) But really, with my YouTube persona it's also a way to stay in touch with viewers and post videos so there's that too. I also enjoy debate so that's where I focus my efforts. ;)

#10 ·
Just like everything else, I don't think facebook is black or white, its whatever you make of it, there are some really good things about it, and some terrible ones as well. Yeah, I agree with most everything @Zaph mentioned above, but facebook has also been a great tool for organizing and keeping track of events (yes, a google calendar, slack, and others work, but it is easier to pin important information and converse on facebook). Yes, its easy to get a false sense of being "connected" with people even though you never see them face to face, however I actually kept in touch and was able to set up face to face meetings with many old friends and acquaintances I would have probably lost track of otherwise. I get most of my news from facebook, and also I "like" a few groups on there give me a lot of relevant info. Mostly I like it for presenting relevant events, upcoming music festivals, random get togethers, track days, etc.

#11 · (Edited)
I agree. It's a good tool if you don't get too much into it. I put pics of my kids so my mom can see and projects that I want to remember, like plasti dipping stuff. I also learn of events like my high school reunion. Friends who weren't on FB learned about it too late and didn't get to attend.

Friends who are too political get unfollowed.

It created some drama for me as well. Girls that I'd initially start to date casually would request me. My rule was that they I don't accept them until there's a commitment. Some called me shady for that, but it makes sense to me.

#14 ·
I never signed up and never will. The rewards do not outweigh the consequences, for me.

Reactions: KawasakiMan
#16 · (Edited)
Sexually explicit content
Im banned again, with my buddy President Trump. FB is the new Myspace. Most of my gfs block me especially when they bangin me. I get a few date requests off FB, 12 gfs were in prison last year. 1 gf tried to stab me to death over FB, her married sugardaddy was j that I gave her a mercedes for xmas, so he catfished her to another gf j that i didnt give her a mercedes for xmas, got some secrets, printed my secrets to give to her family, so she drove over in her mercedes, gave me a big hug n kiss.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
I never saw the tactical blade behind my back til she laid it on table n started screaming n throwing things. Then she begged to marry her again after i put her in jail a few times. The other 48 times she put herself in jail and prison. Stripper drama. YMMV

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.