Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I accidentally dumped the clutch the other day and the front popped up about 2 inches, that I was about to see that white light in the sky for a moment. Sweet photo btw.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Do you need sprocket mods to pop a wheelie on a 300? Or do you just rev it crazy high and dump the clutch?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not too much in the way of performance mods;
- K&N Air Filter
- Yoshi R77 slip on

other mods;
- CNC Short Adjustable Brake & Clutch Levers
- Kawasaki Ninja 300 300R 2013 2014 Airflow Windshield Shield DT
- Yoshi Fender Eliminator

Do you need sprocket mods to pop a wheelie on a 300?
Stock gearing :p

how did you do it?
My fav method:
- Complete stop
- Get to about 10~15km/hr (cover rear brake and make sure your traveling in a straight line)
- Clutch in to 8~9 grand
- Dump clutch and go WOT (usually you can get away with this - if it starts getting too high ease off on throttle and/or use rear brake to put her back down)

my clutch play is adjusted to the point where I reach friction point about half way instead of right at the top of releasing the clutch. It may just be a preference thing, but I find it helps with doing big wheelies.

I wheelie mine all the time but not at 30 mph. holy balls!
Haha, defs 30 mph and not 30 km/hr :laugh: :emot-ninja:

I think its KPH. I wheelie mine. Im no pro but it sure takes a fist full of throttle to stand it up. NEWBS don't attempt!
Haha thanks mate

Wow, you got it up there. Great picture!
I certainly did! :laugh:

I accidentally dumped the clutch the other day and the front popped up about 2 inches, that I was about to see that white light in the sky for a moment. Sweet photo btw.
Haha practice makes perfect!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did u turn your high beams on by accident when the bike was getting airborne or you ride with them on all the time?
I ride with high beams on in daylight for extra visibility, and turn it off at night so oncoming cars don't mistake me for a distant car

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just watch out for cops man, someone i know got a ticket for riding with his high beams on during the day. They consider it illegal while driving and/or riding. Gotta hate those money sucking parasites sometimes.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Awesome pics guys ! I want to start practicing soon, but I feel like the fork seals are really weak... Do ya'll have issues with them leaking after a couple of wheelies ?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Had my fork seals leak and I've never done wheelies, never trailered the bike neither. It was so bad that they didn't believe me when I said I had done no wheelies. Still managed to talk to Kawa and have them change them for me under warranty, but they really did try to shaft me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Had my fork seals leak and I've never done wheelies, never trailered the bike neither. It was so bad that they didn't believe me when I said I had done no wheelies. Still managed to talk to Kawa and have them change them for me under warranty, but they really did try to shaft me.
Bummer...how expensive was it though ? Even if covered under warranty. If it's not too expensive i'll just do it and try to get it fixed under warranty...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Nice skills, but please don't do that when there are a lot of cagers on the road in your area. Partly for your safety, but more for keeping the sport respectable and not scaring my grandma out on the road. Thanks.

·
Registered
159 Posts
you da man, man. Awesome job. This is sit down huh? Not staggered? Don't mean to blow up your head with all these compliments but mad props to you hahaha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts