Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tested one of these, really cool. Got few small vids of Florida beaches, didnt mount it tho, just kinda held it. Quality is great. I will be getting a helmet mount for this, already confirmed the purchase from the seller. Any good tips from gopro users?
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
330 Posts
Tested one of these, really cool. Got few small vids of Florida beaches, didnt mount it tho, just kinda held it. Quality is great. I will be getting a helmet mount for this, already confirmed the purchase from the seller. Any good tips from gopro users?
How much did you get it for? I've been looking at getting one for a while but still waiting to find a good deal on one...I do a lot of photo and video editing and usually use my nikon d600 with fisheye for filming bikes and such but only works great off the bike so I was looking for options as far as mounting also.

·
Registered
106 Posts
How much did you get it for? I've been looking at getting one for a while but still waiting to find a good deal on one...I do a lot of photo and video editing and usually use my nikon d600 with fisheye for filming bikes and such but only works great off the bike so I was looking for options as far as mounting also.
Have you checked this forum out? I think they sell it for a discounted price for riders on the forum.

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/23-vendor-specials/1860-gopro-hero-3-black-forum-special.html

·
Registered
330 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
HydrogenMatrix (my husband) and I paid $150 for the GoPro and for an extra $30 the guy threw in a LCD screen, extra backing to make it fit over the lcd screen, wireless wifi hotspot connector, wireless remote control, 1 helmet mount, and 1 flat mount.

So $180 for everything.
It is a GoPro Hero 3, newest model in silver color. :)

Not shabby AT ALL :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Cruizin of course you would thank me for a post calling myself a dumba$$ but hey at least I can admit it when I am one;) oh and TGR can I call you that cause your name is too long haha, thats an awesome deal on the GoPro!

·
Registered
205 Posts
HydrogenMatrix (my husband) and I paid $150 for the GoPro and for an extra $30 the guy threw in a LCD screen, extra backing to make it fit over the lcd screen, wireless wifi hotspot connector, wireless remote control, 1 helmet mount, and 1 flat mount.

So $180 for everything.

That is a fantastic price :D
I got the same package but paid a little over $100 more.
Kudos to you :)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

So $180 for everything.

They're all silver in color lol. The white/silver/black edition is just a name and indicates how many features or extra things come with it. I assume that you got the black edition since you have the remote?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
The number on the front of the camera, corresponds with the different models. White has a white "3", silver is...well; silver and black is...you know.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Cruizin of course you would thank me for a post calling myself a dumba$$ but hey at least I can admit it when I am one;) oh and TGR can I call you that cause your name is too long haha, thats an awesome deal on the GoPro!

wrong again. i clicked thanks cos you went to the thread to buy one from the sponsor:D

·
Banned
277 Posts
The GoPro 3 Black edition is the only one worth getting otherwise youre better off buying the 2 since it has the same features/quality as the silver except its cheaper.

The colors are the models within the 3 line, not just the color of the unit.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
once you have bought one of these cameras it should come with software to allow you to create a still photo from your footage.once you have your still or "photo" you can doctor it up with instagram or the likes & add some neat effects.

if you want a digital camera, check out Sony, they have very pretty cool new cameras they have released

·
Registered
330 Posts
once you have bought one of these cameras it should come with software to allow you to create a still photo from your footage.once you have your still or "photo" you can doctor it up with instagram or the likes & add some neat effects.

if you want a digital camera, check out Sony, they have very pretty cool new cameras they have released
Thanks...I have more than enough fire power when it comes to top of the line digitals...I just wanted something mountable like the goPro. I'm sure I could rig my big clunky $3000 dslrs to my helmet or bike but something tells me thats not a good idea lol...also I like the underwater options they have for the goPro aswell...I have yet to see a camera in a similar package with the same video and photo quality as the goPro.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Thanks...I have more than enough fire power when it comes to top of the line digitals...I just wanted something mountable like the goPro. I'm sure I could rig my big clunky $3000 dslrs to my helmet or bike but something tells me thats not a good idea lol...also I like the underwater options they have for the goPro aswell...I have yet to see a camera in a similar package with the same video and photo quality as the goPro.

a camera mount for the tank works fine. i posted a thread with camera mounts in it a few weeks ago. in there is a photo of the ram mount i mounted to my tank. i have used that mount to attach my Sony handycam to, have done it a few times over the years, i have had it now about 10 years or so & payed a few grand for it & had it hanging off the side of bikes. so long as your camera mount is sturdy then you have nothing to fear. no matter what camera you buy so long as it as the receptacle on the base of it to screw to a tripod then there’s a mountain of options for you that open up

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its neat, no doubt about it. We have a helmet mount set up, and will be using thin piano wire as a back up, in case the adhesive mount gives up one day. Will start making small vids for youtubr and post links, some florida beaches, and northern florida riding. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts