Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just bought my 2014 Ninja ABS in white!!! got about 30k on it so far, absolutely loving it. It's my first bike.

I also bought a Gopro and a helmet mount. I did my first recording last night, and anything over like 50km/h has insane wind noise.

I've googled that and some people suggest the skeleton frame or some fake fur, just curious what this community has as opinions on the subject.

Thanks!
Minus

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would like to know as well. I have also just got my GoPro Hero3+ Black two days ago. Mount on the side of my helmet (I would go chin mount but my Shoei RF1100 doesn't have flat area in the chin). I need to get few more short/long arms to make it work. Side Mount will do for now.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Your best bet would probably be to get an external flex mic and route it to the inside of your helmet.

Reactions: alan903

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Yes, the circuitry of the GoPro 3 and 3+ are designed to reduce wind and other background noise.

1. Be sure you're using an external mic with the GoPro adaptor cable. Using the internatl mic would definitely be noisy.

2. I use an eBay-sourced flex mic (from China) that is connected to the GoPro HD Hero 3 via the mentioned GoPro mic adaptor cable. Wind noise isn't bad at all.

3. I also have a chin-curtain for my HJC CL-16 helmet. Helps!

4. The furry item is known as a windsock, and you can either buy them professionally-made, like Kalani's 'Redhead' windsocks (AccidentalBroadcast) or you can go the furry stuffed-animal route as mentioned in-thread. There are many ways to deal with this, but note that it might tickle your face.

Here's my setup:

http://youtu.be/tRQ4OobrCMw?list=UU_l6IlUUnIB-yxZrB7wx7bQ

--

Reactions: Elijah and alan903

·
Registered
585 Posts
I guess I will need to get a skeleton housing first for external mic. Mine came with waterproof housing, waterproof back door and skeleton back door.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 3 white and know what you mean with wind noise when not using the waterproof housing. Try putting a piece of scotch tape over the Mic/Speaker holes. It cuts down the wind noise but still allows other sound in.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts