Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
You defintely need to add the Niagara Parkway from Niagara-on-the-Lake to Fort Erie!

Reactions: Rekognize

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Start at Ontario Street and QEW in St. Catharines, go down Ontario Street and it turns into Lakeshore Road. Continue on Lakeshore Road to the corner of Mary and Mississauga in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Turn left on Mississauga and then right on Queen Street. Take Queen Street all the way and it turns into the Niagara Parkway. take the Niagara parkway (53 kms of twisties) all the way to the Niagara Parkway and Central Avenue in Fort Erie. Sir Winston Churchill once described the Niagara Parkway as the prettiest drive in the world. It does take you right past the Falls. On Saturdays and Sundays it is full of tourists, but still a great ride. My route starts at the Ontario Street exit of the QEW and finishes at the Central Avenue and QEW onramp. I would be happy to take you down this route sometime this year if you want to come to Niagara.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Start at Ontario Street and QEW in St. Catharines, go down Ontario Street and it turns into Lakeshore Road. Continue on Lakeshore Road to the corner of Mary and Mississauga in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Turn left on Mississauga and then right on Queen Street. Take Queen Street all the way and it turns into the Niagara Parkway. take the Niagara parkway (53 kms of twisties) all the way to the Niagara Parkway and Central Avenue in Fort Erie. Sir Winston Churchill once described the Niagara Parkway as the prettiest drive in the world. It does take you right past the Falls. On Saturdays and Sundays it is full of tourists, but still a great ride. My route starts at the Ontario Street exit of the QEW and finishes at the Central Avenue and QEW onramp. I would be happy to take you down this route sometime this year if you want to come to Niagara.
Sounds good!! Does this look right? http://goo.gl/maps/Uf4xO

·
Registered
116 Posts
Northern Ontario, especially the Sudbury Region is packed full of twisty roads.

Though I'm down in Windsor, I plan on making a trip up there just for the lols...well that and I lived in Sudbury for 6 years and have a few friends there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
A good one is Southwood Road. It's just north of Orillia, about 30-40 kms long and very twisty, lots of blind curves. If you ride it be careful - several riders died on that road.There are dozens if not hundreds of nice twisty roads up there around algonquin park. One of them is Elephant Lake road.This summer I plan to go up there and explore a lot of those roads. If you're willing to go farther east, I heard highway 509 is really amazing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
^ yup.
I stayed away from Southwood because of so much sand and gravel.

I usually go to peterborough then follow the road along the University then on to 507 to 503 then elephant. Coming back usually 503 to muskoka road then slab down on 400 or local depending how I feel.

All that is about 5-6 hours of fun riding. Highways are the worst parts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts