Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I have always wanted to see if I can pick up my bike from a fall or what so ever but I don't want to crash it to find out.

So.... Today while I pull the bike into the driveway, had the kickstand down and as soon as I get my butt off the seat, I felt the bike shifting to the left and I immediately held on tight to the steering and tried to hold it up. At last, I knew the bike is gonna fall, so I slowly guided the bike and let it lay down. I got up ASAP, with not much effort, lifted the baby right back up.

I found out that the part where I set the kickstand down, it wasnt on the concrete but the dirt. My grandfather was home but I really didn't want to scream "Steve!! Steve!!! Come help me....." So yeah... Moral of the story: DOUBLE check where your kickstand is going even if you're on concrete !

Bad thing: I got a little tiny scratch on the butt of the left handlebar.
Good thing: I learned how to lay down the bike if I knew that I had no option and knowing that I can now pick it up if misfortunes happen.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hehe, I'm not sure how to respond to this post. The way you wrote it makes me want to giggle but I still want to she'd a tear over it falling. Once again, I'm so confused!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, using a bloothtooth keeybord and it always skips or repat a letter. What's so confused about it? The bike fell because of the kickstand wasnt on the concrete but on a part of the dirt. And me, being caught and stuck in mid air, trying to hold the bike and not wanting to be embarrass for calling my grandfather to come help. So I laid it down slowly and pick it right back up. At least now that I know, the babyis nothing for me to pick it up.

Additional infor: I weights 130ish, 5'7.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I've seen that video many times. But the bike fell on the left side, so I was afraid that if I use that technique, it will slam/drop the bike on the other side. So I just stood on the left side, grabbed the handle bar and the frame? And lifted it up.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
did you come in at the bike with your stomach facing towards the bike?

if you did you run a good chance of having a hernia or hurting your back. never a good idea to lift a motorcycle like this, always come in with your bum towards the bike & lift with your legs

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mmmm sorta. I used the dead-lift technique to lift the bike. I used the strength of my fingers to shoulders.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts