Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some beautiful weather this morning without any fog and a bright sun. Figured I'd record a ride across the Golden Gate. Hope you enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
That video makes me a little home sick. I moved from Northern California to Arizona about seven years ago and I miss the Bay Area. So many nice roads to ride.
When I was a member of the Oakland Motorcycle Club I actually got a chance to climb to the top of the South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. A member was part of the work party that painted the bridge and after you signed a waiver you could go with him to the top. I took some pictures from the top just as the sun was coming up.
Next year I am going to trailer my 300 up from Arizona and ride some of of those fine roads again. I can't wait. Have fun and thanks for posting.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice video, seems like a really nice ride with good scenery... compared to what we have here anyways lol :D

How do you find riding with the gopro on your helmet? I rode with one last week and it felt like my head was being ripped back most of the time

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice video, seems like a really nice ride with good scenery... compared to what we have here anyways lol :D

How do you find riding with the gopro on your helmet? I rode with one last week and it felt like my head was being ripped back most of the time
It takes a little getting used to, but I never found it super annoying either. Once you adjust to the extra weight and the buffeting you don't really notice it.

I'd love to ride through some of the forests up in Canada. I have this picture of a twisty road flanked by gigantic spruce trees. Would love to find a road like that and ride on it someday.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I haven't had the chance yet to take it even further north where there are nicer roads. Went to go last weekend, but got 30 mins into my ride and turned back cause I was freezing. I don't want to have to wait til the spring, but it looks like that is what I am going to have to do. It might be time to hang up the gear for the season and winterize my bike :(

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bummer, guess I'm spoiled in that respect. It doesn't get terribly cold here but once the rain starts its pretty much 2 months of no riding. Not sure if I'll winterize or not though.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Nice! Been on that bridge at least once and it's brilliant to ride.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! Yep the bridge and the view are incredible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts