Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today I had the opportunity to open it up some and hit 75 mph. First time at that speed.

FUCK it was scary. I don't know how you guys ride at 100+. I guess ya get used to it but at 60 years-old. Geezz. :eek:

It WAS kinda cool in a oh-shit-im-gonna-die way. :D

·
Banned
613 Posts
usually I can get up to 160 on the track after 140 I think it gets scary. 100 seems like nothing to me anymore.

·
Registered
165 Posts
What is scary is when you are going 75 and a damn dump truck is trying to pass you with a load and a nice big hump in the pavement (overpass) just ahead and I'm 62.

regards
Mech

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahahaha oh you old farts crack me up. ;)
LOL, yeah... we are old farts but still racking up memories. This is from a surfing trip in Cabo Mexico a few months ago with this black swim-suit model I was dating. Did INDY 500 a few weeks ago. Being single and retired rocks :D

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
For me the only thing that makes going fast scary is the wind... hate it when I'm going at highway speeds and a big gust of wind hits me from the side.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Wind is horrible. I usually cruise at about 70 and today into work a big gust hit me. Moved me all thr way fro n the left to the right side of my lane. Ugh

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
159 Posts
i went like 87 or so and let off the throttle. I gave the bike to my wife, who's ridden a bike a total 5 times. she went 96 today. Made me feel like a girl.

·
Registered
66 Posts
LOL, yeah... we are old farts but still racking up memories. This is from a surfing trip in Cabo Mexico a few months ago with this black swim-suit model I was dating. Did INDY 500 a few weeks ago. Being single and retired rocks :D
So alpha right there! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, today I had the opportunity to open it up some and hit 75 mph. First time at that speed.

FUCK it was scary. I don't know how you guys ride at 100+. I guess ya get used to it but at 60 years-old. Geezz. :eek:

It WAS kinda cool in a oh-shit-im-gonna-die way. :D
Hahah, the speed limits here are 75! If you aren't going at least 80 little old ladies in Pirus's are passing you.

·
Registered
490 Posts
For me the only thing that makes going fast scary is the wind... hate it when I'm going at highway speeds and a big gust of wind hits me from the side.
Going over a bridge when its windy.that was the scariest thing for me when I still owned my little scooter that maxed out at 120kph.now I open it up more in windy conditions.it feels like the bike is easier to get blown around when I'm at slow speeds.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Lol, I cruise at 80 1 handed. U get used to it quick. First time I hit 160 on the gsxr it scared the piss out of me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
292 Posts
Drove through a huge downpour yesterday going over 80mph to keep up with traffic for about 30 minutes. I was riding with my wet weather gear so I stayed dry and was comfortable the whole ride.
At work today, one of the guys was talking about how terrified he was driving home under the speed limit with his hazards on in the same storm and said he could only see like 5 feet in front of him and was scared shitless he wasn't going to make it home.

Guess putting my time in on two wheeled vehicles has made me indifferent to the weather.

·
Registered
399 Posts
You're the Papi Chulo

or Silver Fox

You don't even give the ladies a chance. You've got the kavorka or "lure of the animal."

Keep livin' the dream.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts