Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and search around the web today and found that GIVI does make a FZ rack for our Ninja 300. That is the good news. The bad is I can't find a USA distributor that sells it. Does any of our members outside of the US have this rack mounted?

If anyone knows an online retailer in the US that can sell GIVI part no. 4108FZ please let me know. I did find a Polish online reseller who does ship to the USA, but other than that no one else will. Price from the Polish retailer is $170 shipped so I will make this my last choice.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I contacted Givi USA when the the rack for the Ninja 300 would be made available in the USA in 2013. Their reply was:

Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 1:18 PM
Subject: RE: PRICE INFORMATION REQUEST

Hopefully so.

Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:15 AM
To: [email protected]

Thank you for the quick response. Do you expect it to be sold here in the United States in 2013?

Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 12:57 PM

This item is not yet available in the United States.

Being the very patience person I am. I ordered it today from Poland; www.defender-tour.pl website. They accepted PayPal which is really good and my cost was 531.72zł (about $168) with express shipping. Should have it in hand by the second week of June. Will post pictures of the install once it arrives.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For those who would like to see the fit diagram, this is from GIVI's website.

http://www.givi.it/attachfile/content/prodotti_padre/39415/2.0.1.man_4108fz.pdf

If you want to add side cases you can install part no. 4108. If you prefer only side cases you need to install part no. 4108KIT instead of the top rack mount part no. 4108FZ. The 4108KIT is included in the top rack 4108FZ, but you can purchase it separately if you are only wanting side cases.

http://www.givi.it/attachfile/content/prodotti_padre/38157/1.0.1.man_te4108.pdf

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks like bad news on the distributor sending the rack. I just received a refund for the purchase via PayPal yet the order status on the site shows as still being processed. Either the part is so new they can't ship yet, or they really can't send to the U.S.

If anyone in the European Union or Great Britian ;) can obtain this part please let me know. Really want to see what the true availablitiy is. If some can purchase and ship to the USA I would be more gladly pay a "handling" fee for your efforts.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trying to order again. Found a distributor in Germany this time that allowed me to place the order. Be real nice if this goes through as they offered the M5 mounting plate for a Monolock case as part of package. Will update as order saga continues.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like bad news on the distributor sending the rack. I just received a refund for the purchase via PayPal yet the order status on the site shows as still being processed. Either the part is so new they can't ship yet, or they really can't send to the U.S.

If anyone in the European Union or Great Britian ;) can obtain this part please let me know. Really want to see what the true availablitiy is. If some can purchase and ship to the USA I would be more gladly pay a "handling" fee for your efforts.
Maybe something was lost in the Polish to English translation, but the retailer in Poland e-mailed me today and said they made a mistake in refunding my purchase. They meant to refund another customer and gave it to me by mistake; no Polish jokes are going to be made :D.

So, I'm in the process of returning their refund via PayPal. They said my order would be process normally and I would be notified when shipped. That is the good news as I just might get this rack from them. I still have another order pending with a German retailer for both the rack and M5 mounting rack for just a few dollars more than just the cost of the rack from Poland. May end up with two racks after all is said and done, but figure since they are being sold in the USA right now I might find another buyer locally who wants one.

Saga continues...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5/25 Update

I have a tracking number from the German company and it appears the new rack will arrive NLT 5/31! I went ahead and purchased the Givi B33 Monokey case for it and that will arrive on 5/29. Once I have everything in had I will shoot pictures or video of the install.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I want to order the side racks. Would you use the company in Poland or the company in Germany? If Germany, would you post their link? Appreciate you starting this thread, it was recommended to me over on ADVRider on the Ninja 300 thread.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The German company shipped the rack with mounting plate out in 3 days time and was in customs in NYC by the 4th day. Released from customs on May 26 and no idea where it is at the moment. Can only hope it is making it's way down the coast to me here in Virginia. So I can't recommend the company until I get the product in hand. So far, very fast and efficient transaction with them; just now waiting to get the package.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some good news, the rack and mounting plate arrived at my home last night. Bad news I was at work so no delivery was made, argh! Monday is my day off, so I will swing by the Post Office in the morning and pick it up.

Top box has been sitting on my coffee table for a few days now and looks lonely. It needs a home on the back of the 300 :). Will take some pics of the rack and mount tomorrow and post.

Once I confirm that everything checks out I will post the name, price and link to the company in Germany that shipped it to me.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I'm brave, I'll take the website link without the signoff, I'm not very patient. :D
I purchased from here, http://www.motorrad-koffer-shop.de/Motorradmarke/59562__Kawasaki_Ninja_300_Sonstiges.html (site has an English button unless you want to shop in German ;))

You can choose which mounting plate, Monolock or Monokey depending on the Givi box you want to mount on it. Monokey has higher weight limit so I went with the M5 Monokey bracket.

My order was placed on 5/22 and it arrived at my home on 6/1 (if I would have been home to sign for it). Ten day turn around is not bad for an international order considering it had to go through NY Customs Clearing. Shipping is expensive, but again this was the only place I found that was shipping directly to the USA and accepted PayPal.

Order copy:

Artikel Stück Preis

1 - Topcase-Träger mit M5 Platte für Monokey Topcase
Inhalt: | Bestell-Nr.: FZ4108 | Einzelpreis: € 104,10 1 € 104,10 (16% tax discount)
(inkl. 19% MwSt.)

Zwischensumme: € 104,10

zzgl. Porto & Verpackung (Lieferland: USA) € 44,26

Zu zahlender Betrag (Brutto): € 148,36

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Also, if you buy into the Givi mounting system you can add sidebags to it. Givi TE4108 are the side-mount racks that can be attached to the top mount bars or used stand-alone (a replacement part, TE4108KIT for the under tail hooks will be needed if no top mount bars are used; can be purchased separately).

Here is a set of side bags (GIVI 3D600) that can be mounted to the side racks:

In the US, you can buy from here, http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/11/55/809/57223/ITEM/Givi-3D-Range-Easylock-Saddle-Bags.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
How the new Givi Easy Lock Side Bags look and work:

Both a top case and side bags installed:

Nice feature with the full set of bags is you can load up and ride to you destination. Remove all the bags from the bike and enjoy your ride without the luggage attached then reload the bags in a couple minutes.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
givi make nice panniers & top box stuff , great quality gear. if you go hunting thru ebay you can usually find clones of their stuff for well under $100 but i have never owned the clone stuff so i dont know how good the quality is

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am going on a 3 week holiday mid June around Europe with my baby and wanted to get the rack + a monolock top box, but in the end I realized that the Givi T477 and my set of debit cards will do the job equally well for a friction of the rack+box price. :cool: Although the top+side bag setup looks bad ass. :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am going on a 3 week holiday mid June around Europe with my baby and wanted to get the rack + a monolock top box, but in the end I realized that the Givi T477 and my set of debit cards will do the job equally well for a friction of the rack+box price. :cool: Although the top+side bag setup looks bad ass. :D
Nice size bag. Will you mount on rear seat or a rack?

I needed the 33 liter locking box for my needs. Besides, if I don't over spend on options for the bike I wouldn't be faithful to the Kawi and it might get jealous of the other bikes :).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Nice feature with the full set of bags is you can load up and ride to you destination. Remove all the bags from the bike and enjoy your ride without the luggage attached then reload the bags in a couple minutes.
I've done a 4,000+ mile and a 6,000+ mile trip on my KLR650. The first one was using 2 dry bags as luggage strapped to the back portion of the seat and the rear rack. The second trip was using The Givi/Kappa Garda luggage. Let me tell you, hard luggage is worth every dime. One of the good things about this luggage is you roll up to a hotel and it's literally, click, click and you are walking in the door carrying all your stuff. And in the morning when it's time to go you walk out to the bike and click, click and you are ready to ride. Where as with the dry bags and other various types of soft luggage it's a constant battle to make sure everything is tight, on straight and it takes 5 minutes every travel day to get it on right and to take it off in the evenings. Not to mention you can stop to eat or sight see or whatever and you aren't scared all your stuff will disappear while you are away from you bike. It's locked up and out of sight. In all my travels there are 2 things I've decided that will be on any bike I own...heated grips and hard luggage. The little Ninja is no exception.

Delnari I really appreciate that link!!!!!:D

Anyone know if the Givi V35's will fit and clear the exhaust? That's my goal is to mount and color match a set of those to the Ninja.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts