Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, looking at adding some side panniers and top box to Ninja 300.

Looking at getting basically whats pictured here:

Givi 3D603 Tanklock Tankbag + Adapter plate

Givi 3D600 Easylock Saddlebags + Givi TE4108 Easylock Saddlebag Supports

Givi V47 Monokey Top Case + Givi 4108FZ Top Case Support Brackets + (top plate?) Also looking at the extra LED brake light kit you can add to the top box.

Any one have any, or even better a similar setup that has any experience with these? From what I can tell looking the manuals, they should be fairly easy to fit.

· Registered
38 Posts
I actually did a lot of research for hard cases on our bikes. that picture has basically the only 300 specific parts givi makes. I cant speak out of experience about them but theres reviews for them on other bikes.

what id like is hard cases that lock on that I can feel nobody would be able to steal. it seems these are made to be removed when your home/work to take with you but if im at a walmart, the easylock ones just hook on and id imagine you could break/bend the little hooks if you pulled hard enough. im looking for a more permanent set up.

from what I hear regarding the tail mount, the national cycle luggage rack is larger and better. you could mount a givi monolock plate to that and its more aesthetically pleasing. they don't make monokey mounts for the 300 or 250 but if we could find a close alternative and bend/weld the brackets to fit the 300 id put on the givi v35 side cases. iirc they have their own lock mount on the brackets whereas the easylock brackets are simple tubes the hooks hold onto.

personally I have soft bags ill throw on for groceries, but id really dig something like the ninja 1000 cases for our bikes.

· Registered
1,576 Posts
I'm obviously a fan of the practicality of using luggage on our 300

And Givi makes some quality stuff. But I don't care for how high they have the trunk mounted. And I can testify as to the quality of the National Cycle luggage rack as, although you can't see it, I have one mounted on my bike.
I wonder if there is a way to mount the cases from the 1000 on our bikes?

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went the Givi route and it all arrived today, looks pretty tidy. I'm pretty happy with the security of the side cases, not as good as the monokey but still fairly good. You would need a decent crowbar or similar to break the clips, or you could with a sharp knife cut the fabric around the zip. I guess I'll just put the more valuable stuff in the top box. Also definitely getting a light kit for the top box, as it does obstruct the view of the break light a fair bit.

· Registered
38 Posts
thanks for the update. would you mind taking a pic of the easy lock hooks? also what would you say fits in them, like a couple bottles of soda etc, and will a helmet fit in the top case?

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It has two clips like this at the bottom:

They have large ribbing on the back and feel very strong:

The top has two small clips that click into place to hold the bag in place when it's not locked, then the large clip comes down when you lock it:

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
For storage size, that's a 1.5L bottle, which I think you would get four in there nicely, and it's only taking up about 2/3 of the length. The bags also have a zipper that amkes them expand, but I think that only for use off the bike:

Top box fits two helmets nicely, and has a bit of spare clearance at the top, so I don't have to take the intercom off like I did with my old single helmet top box. Black helmet is "average" helmet size, and the white is probably a wee bit bigger then average:

Size comparisons between the two:

The top box is incredibly well made (it should be at $500NZD), with great rubber seals all round, and the locking mechanism feels precise and smooth, not like the the crappy lock that was on my old $100 NZD single helmet Givi box that I had to force the key in and out. The locks on the side bags look the same as the cheap single top box, so hopefully they don't go the same way (they feel a lot better for the moment)

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a quick update, I've had the bags about two months now and they have been great. I pretty much leave the top box on all the time, then put the panniers on for longer trips. I wish they had these available in white or some other lighter color, as the contents get pretty warm on a hot sunny day (don't ever put chocolate bars in your tank bag :p ). Also if they could make the zip section on the panniers a bit stiff would be good, the whole section after the zip wobbles around a bit.

Couple form an ~600km trip with them, including a pretty shocking gravel road.

· Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I don't need a top box or saddlebags because I have a Goldwing in my garage, but those look pretty good on the little Ninja. If I only had one motorcycle I would probably have one or both of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.