Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

· Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see your tow rigs, and setups.
Here's my 6'x12' enlosed trailer, and my GMC Sierra 2500HD.

Attachments

· Registered
1,045 Posts
This is one reason I don't go to the track. I don't own a truck or a trailer and I'm not supposed to put a hitch on my Fiat or Prius. There is a "track" about 20 miles from me. It's called Texas Toll road 130 with a speed limit of 85 mph. You do have to brake for wild hogs. I do like your set-up though.

· Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is one reason I don't go to the track. I don't own a truck or a trailer and I'm not supposed to put a hitch on my Fiat or Prius. There is a "track" about 20 miles from me. It's called Texas Toll road 130 with a speed limit of 85 mph. You do have to brake for wild hogs. I do like your set-up though.
Join a local sportbike forum, get to know the people near your area that go to the track, and bum a ride. :)

· Registered
1,045 Posts
Good idea. I could do that. In fact I'm a friend and neighbor of the owner of AF1 Racing and they offer free track days for Aprilia owners. He might let a Ninja or a Triumph sneak in. I almost bought the 2012 Tuono V4 a couple months ago, but the seat was just a little high and so was the price. Glad I went with the much lighter Triumph. I would love to open both my bikes up. About 90 mph briefly is as fast as I've had either on an open stretch of I-35 with nobody around although I do routinely keep up with the fastest traffic around which is an indicated 80 mph or so.

· Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good idea. I could do that. In fact I'm a friend and neighbor of the owner of AF1 Racing and they offer free track days for Aprilia owners. He might let a Ninja or a Triumph sneak in. I almost bought the 2012 Tuono V4 a couple months ago, but the seat was just a little high and so was the price. Glad I went with the much lighter Triumph. I would love to open both my bikes up. About 90 mph briefly is as fast as I've had either on an open stretch of I-35 with nobody around although I do routinely keep up with the fastest traffic around which is an indicated 80 mph or so.
That new Tuono is a beast! What Triumph do you have?
I just bought a new '12 Daytona 675R yesterday. :)

· Premium Member
346 Posts
This is the issue that has plagued me.

I have a Honda Civic in a lease (2 years left) so I can't tow a good trailer. I basically have to wait till I can get out of my lease to get a truck or SUV to pull a trailer. x_x

The track is only 1 hour from me, so I have thought about just riding there.

· Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the issue that has plagued me.

I have a Honda Civic in a lease (2 years left) so I can't tow a good trailer. I basically have to wait till I can get out of my lease to get a truck or SUV to pull a trailer. x_x

The track is only 1 hour from me, so I have thought about just riding there.
Maybe a friend/significant other could meet you there, and haul bulky items.
I usually bring a canopy, lots of water, bike stands, and tools. I couldn't ride to the track with all that.
Plus, imagine having to try riding home if you crash...

· Premium Member
346 Posts
Maybe a friend/significant other could meet you there, and haul bulky items.
I usually bring a canopy, lots of water, bike stands, and tools. I couldn't ride to the track with all that.
Plus, imagine having to try riding home if you crash...
Yeah if that were the case, I don't know what I'd do. It is going to be the main factor that limits me getting to the track this year. My goal was 6+ times, now I think realistically ... 2.

I am so pissed I'm stuck in 2 more years of my lease because that means I have no means of towing for 2 more riding seasons. Nobody in my family has a good vehicle to tow with, and I don't have any close friends that track their bikes - the couple that do, only have cars as well.

X_X

· Registered
108 Posts
Well me too, so the closest is in fontana, auto club speedway but that is one fast track. You'll enjoy more a more tactical twisty track. You also have chuckwalla( the one i like the most)and willow springs(2tracks)Buttonwillow is a bit farther than willow springs. So within a 3.5 hr range you have 5 tracks. Roadracingworld.com has a special issue that comes out once a year and its dedicated to the track. Very helpful info in there concerning all aspects of doing track days. Hope it helps, and hope to see you at thetrack someday.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
You can easily tow a little flat bed with car..

Not mine but, get a cheap harbor freight trailer for a couple hundred bucks and call it good.. This whole setup is probably like 600 lbs max.. That the same as stuffing 3 skinny Americans into the back seat :D

· Premium Member
346 Posts
I decided I'm gonna use my dads 89 Chevy pickup to tow a trailer, and probably just rent a UHaul.

I found a beautiful HaulMark enclosed for $2200 which is dirt cheap but nowhere to store it x_x

· Track Whore
742 Posts
The best way by far is to buy a toy hauler. Then you have a bed, a shower, and a kitchen. You'll save lots of money by not paying for a hotel or eating out.:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.