Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just so I don't look like a total noob when filling up, do you fill up the bike like a car? Just put the nozzle in and the gas stops by itself or do I have to watch it as it fills up? Also how high do you let the gas get in the tank? I stopped about am inch below the hole where the nozzle goes, but the gauge shows 1 tick under full.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, mods move if needed..

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Thats actually a good question.

I have tried both, and when i put the gas nozzle all the way in liek a car I dont get a full tank and it clicks before it even reaches the float in the handle, because of the foaming and gas moving around in the tank, since it does not have a filler tube this is the biggest problem.

Solution, you have to put the nozzle at the top of the tank and hover it there while filling up relativity slowly, watch to see it rise to the top, and it should be just over or reaching the 2 slots just inside the fill neck on the tank.

Good luck bro! Hope this helps!

If you need any other advice, or a better explanation don't hesitate to ask. In all honesty, I need to fill up in the next day or 2, if you'd like me to make a video? not sure if that would help you out though haaha

Cheers!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys.... yeah i just the black part on the nozzle back and watched the gas go in then when it got about an inch from the part with the two slots in it i stopped. i thought i had read something in the owners manual that said to do that. maybe that is why i didn't get the gauge all the way to the top.

probably no need for the video, don't want the gas station people to think you are doing something mischievous. ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
haha Nah I mess with my gas station here all the time, they know me!
I am there every morning getting gas for my mowers, I do landscaping. And in the winter, gas for the truck to truck wood an hour away ;D

They know me so well, that they call me by name.. and they know what I get every day... I feel liek an old man... but i'm 22 haha

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well, technically the way I do it is to fill it up like how you would do it when you're filling up your car. Once the safety shut off valve engaged, pull the nozzle out of the fuel door. Push back the rubber sleeve surrounding the nozzle that triggers the safety shut off valve. Stick the end of the nozzle about 1 inch into the fuel door and resume pumping. You should be able to actually see the fuel level rising by looking through the gaps in the fuel door. Stop once it's full. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.