Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to find out as much info as possible before purchase. Should the fiaring and stalling issues be a deal breaker? should I wait for 2014 when they should have the issues resolved?

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
I haven't heard much about the stalling issue since the last small group of people discussed it. They might have that sorted.

My fairings are fine at the moment, just about 1k miles, which is when most people noticed the issues.

the 2014 isn't going to be that much different at all.

Stop straining yourself, and just get it!

I love mine!

Actually thinking about taking her out tonight :)

·
Registered
923 Posts
First, there is no guarantee something different will be wrong with the 2014. Not everyone has gaps. (I hear you old 3...I hear you) not everyone has stalls either. If you are willing to take the risks then jump on it and ride. If you wanna wait, then wait. It's ultimately just your decision.
Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
Have experienced the stall once in my 2200 miles. fairing issue. what?

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Have experienced the stall once in my 2200 miles. fairing issue. what?
thats right , it doesn’t affect everyone. i have never had the stalling issue either, plenty others haven’t either, its just the luck of the draw

·
Registered
392 Posts
Then you have to wait about a year to ride, no fun!

Reactions: Muilisx

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
thats right , it doesn’t affect everyone. i have never had the stalling issue either, plenty others haven’t either, its just the luck of the draw
Indeed, I however, do have the stock exhaust rust, which if it comes back, I will be having them replace it, even though I am going LV most likely, it's the principle. I haven't seen rust again since I cleaned off the old rust with NEVR-DULL, but I'm sure it will come back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
most of the issues I have seen come from the Australian riders. Alot of the US riders say they haven't had these issues. Wonder if made at different times?

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
It's a good bike. Don't fart around waiting for perfection. Ain't gonna happen. Look at something else and you'll read plenty of this or that. Part of the fun of owning anything is overcoming or accepting little quirks and just dealing with them. This bike simply doesn't have anything bad going on with it that would be a deal breaker in my mind.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
most of the issues I have seen come from the Australian riders. Alot of the US riders say they haven't had these issues. Wonder if made at different times?
That would be fairing fitment my friend. None of the Aussies that I can recall have had stalling issues. They probably just know how to ride better than us yanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I purchased a brand new 250 in 2007 yes. then 6 months later this new sleek 2008 model came out :eek: I wanted it bad but I held on to the 07. I sold it last year and I still have the fever. Never had a problem with the 07 other than 1 year later it was 20 years old seemed like.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
I purchased a brand new 250 in 2007 yes. then 6 months later this new sleek 2008 model came out :eek: I wanted it bad but I held on to the 07. I sold it last year and I still have the fever. Never had a problem with the 07 other than 1 year later it was 20 years old seemed like.
Yeah, the new look of the 250's were awesome. They made them finally look like a real sport bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am also southeast like you and brand. I used to live in Thomasville ga. now I am in Central Alabama. I think I will pull the trigger and get it tomorrow. Ebony non ABS. they have brand new 2012 250 also ebony but I really want the Fuel Injection. those 10 min warmups sucked on my 07

·
Registered
299 Posts
I do have the fairing issue - but it's really a non-issue. When I'm not moving, I give it a light tap and it pops into place. Once I start moving, it'll pop back out, but I'm looking up ahead of me anyway, so it's not a big deal. I did have the bike stall (in the reported manner) on me a couple times, but never again since then. The other times that it has stalled were all user error :) I've actually turned my idle down since then and it hasn't happened.

I don't think either issue should keep you from having a blast on the bike :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
interesting how some (seems like many) are having these issues, I am about to part with my bike in a few days but had no stall issue in my 7,000 miles i put on it!

i dropped my bike 5 months ago and got a new left fairing which is having the *pop out* issue but that could be my installation error...

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I have had my 300 two days now 150kms...has stalled about five times when downshifting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
To answer original question, yes you should get the bike!

I just want to say that you shouldn't go into the dealership feeling like you HAVE to buy the bike then and there. You're limiting your negotiation tools (the walk away) by doing so.

Also, make sure you walk in with 3 numbers in your head: the maximum you'll pay, the average cost of bikes in your area (OTD prices here), and the price you WANT to pay. If the you get the OTD price to somewhere under the maximum you'll want to pay, have at it! Strike the bell and sign the papers!

If you need more tips, feel free to holler.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I've had my Ninja since October 2012, and not a single stall or fairing issue has occurred, so I can't believe it's an issue with the model in general.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I have had my 300 two days now 150kms...has stalled about five times when downshifting.
Mine did it a few times...since I've swapped out the oil at 587 miles I haven't been able to make it stall...close to another thousand miles on it since then. Must be the synthetic :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts