Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local dealership that sells Kawasaki.

By sheer luck, both their Ninja 300 ABS models were sold on Friday! They have a regular 300 left but they said they would attempt to locate an ABS for me.

Fast forward, get a call back saying they checked in a 300mile radius with no ABS models available. I was told they probably won't make any more ABS models (it is only mid-2013?!?!?!) but they still have the regular in stock.

Are they just trying to sell me the regular since they couldn't find me an ABS? How can they not get anymore when there is still over 50% of 2013 left?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try. This is the only dealership that sells Kawasaki around my area. After that I have to travel 50 miles to another one and I only have my permit so avoiding highways is a pain.

I actually did a search on cycletrader about two weeks ago and I found multiple hits for the ABS version in a 75mile radius! And I look today and I can't even find a hit for the 250mile radius.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I will try. This is the only dealership that sells Kawasaki around my area. After that I have to travel 50 miles to another one and I only have my permit so avoiding highways is a pain.

I actually did a search on cycletrader about two weeks ago and I found multiple hits for the ABS version in a 75mile radius! And I look today and I can't even find a hit for the 250mile radius.
Do you have any friends that could help you transport it home on a trailer if need be? I got the abs model as I am a new rider and love it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Have you tried calling? Internet sales depts can be slow. Also, if the dealerships are selling "enough" in their brick and mortar, they have less incentive to post online the same bike they'll sell next weekend.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i find it hard to believe they no longer sell abs models.
if so, then my se abs model just doubled in value, lol

i would find it far more believable that the wait for the abs models is still a few months and they just want to sell you what they have on the floor

·
Registered
506 Posts
i find it hard to believe they no longer sell abs models.
if so, then my se abs model just doubled in value, lol

i would find it far more believable that the wait for the abs models is still a few months and they just want to sell you what they have on the floor
I'd buy from some one that don't take you for a fool.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
952 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I am in Newark, De. Unfortunately, I don't have any way to transport from a farther location.

I contacted a few other dealerships to see what they got but it will still be a hassle getting it back to my home. I'd def. pay for home shipping though as a dealership in Philadelphia has shipping as an option on their site.

I shall see what happens with my current dealerships search...I just can't believe I missed the ABS model by one day. It was intense walking into the dealership and seeing a sold sign on it.

There def. seems to be a lack of these ABS models out there. I just don't like how I was told they won't be making any more this year...I am really hoping this isn't true.

I really don't want to be waiting for weeks for this thing as the weather is getting nice.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for everyone's help.

I called a couple other dealers and found one with an ABS in stock. And they would ship it too. A lot of them simply don't have any and many told me it might be a while before they get another in.

But after some long thinking, I decided I would just rather get my bike ASAP so I am getting the non-ABS. I guess I just need to make sure I have a great breaking ability which is not necessarily a bad thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts