Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you find yourself yearning for information on Kawasaki's factory, form-fit 300 tank pad, but perplexed at the utter lack of information surrounding it on the net? Well you've come to the right place!

Welcome to the Official Kawasaki Ninja 300 Factory Tank Pad Thread!

Earlier this year while waiting a heart-wrenching 4 months for my 300 SE to arrive, I like many, began scouring the net for essential accessories that would suit my needs. While aftermarket vendors offer a near endless variety of pads for practically any and every personal taste, I knew I wanted something that offered a functional fit, great quality, and of course dead sexy looks.

Several Google searches and countless Youtube videos later, it turns out I didn't have to look far... Kawasaki offered a factory pad that actually looked great with the SE's color scheme! With semi-transparent coloring, nice graphics, and a three-piece tailored design, Sign me UP! There was just one catch... Inquiries at every local US dealer were met with puzzled looks and shrugged shoulders. Curiously, there was no dealer part number, no pictures, no price, and no mention on Kawasaki US website.

No problem, Off to Ebay! It didn't take long to track down a Kawasaki dealer based in England that was happily selling the factory part in their store. I was advised shipping to Florida would be a little pricey and it may take a bit to clear US customs, but the heart wants what it wants! As of this post, I have had my factory pad installed for about 2 months and can say without question, I made the right choice. Thanks to its semi-transparent design, the pattern is bold up close yet blends at a distance. As expected, installation was a snap and so far I have no complaints to speak of.

For you 300 aficionados that like to blend in with the supersport crowd, this may not be your best choice as the 300 insignia is proudly displayed front and center!

*Note: There are a couple of options when installing the side grips. Below is a comparison between Kawasaki EU's factory page and one of Kawasaki's show bikes in the US. I chose the latter due to the position 300's tank decals. Enjoy the pics!

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
ah ha! thanks for sharing the picks, i like the two on the side, but the centre one is too tall IMHO.i would have trimmed the centre up under the 300, and drop the decal a few centimeters so the"Ninja" sits lower on the tank. but thanks for sharing though

·
Registered
295 Posts
I like the over all look, though IMHO it could do with out the excessive branding and "300" on it.

"Hey what kind of bike is that you got there? A ninja ninja 300?" :confused:

·
Registered
129 Posts
my bike says Ninja enough ;) I got a Monster energy pad coming to match my crazy HP stickers.... but I do like the monster claw on the bike, adds a little to the SE design and works quite well IMO

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
where do i find this tank pad???

cheers
I purchased mine from eBay, specifically from UK based Kawasaki dealer Cradley Kawasaki http://www.cradleykawasaki.co.uk/

Is it just floating over the decal on the top of the tank or is the picture just deceiving?
Like any other tank pad it hugs the tank flush. As you can see from the pics, the pad was installed over the top of the tank SE decal but I definitely wouldn't call it floating.

Overall, I am very happy with the end result.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
I like the over all look, though IMHO it could do with out the excessive branding and "300" on it.

"Hey what kind of bike is that you got there? A ninja ninja 300?" :confused:
Yeah...the branding is a bit much. Don't care for the cut of it either the way it runs over the black down the center of the tank...

BUT...as long as OP is happy with it that's all that counts ;)

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts