Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sprockets first or Power Commander 5 first?

Cool little webapp found it on another forum.

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

Shows how sprocket changes impact the bike.
I am new to this gear stuff, but it looks like if I want more torque then taking my front sprocket down to -2 would give me good torque. It changes my speed enough to reduce my top speed down to 87mph. Hmphf, I think I may do the Power Commander V first and see what that does before I start adjusting my sprockets. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
No I would say if you want more torque to the point where you are gonna drop to a 12 :)eek:) tooth sprocket on the front, I would re-evaluate what it is that you want from the 300 Ninja. They have good torque for a 250 based motor as it is, but a superbike they definitely are not. That being said, it would make for a nice track bike, albeit not one with a very good top speed.

You will lose your driveability, streetability and you will have absolutely no first gear and a minimal second. And lots of gear changing.

Most people are going up teeth with the front mate not down, though it would be very interesting to see the result. Just as long as someone else is doing it :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts