Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing something? If I remember correctly, I should be able to shift into 2nd while parked and the clutch lever squeezed. However, now I can’t seem to do that. I just went for a short ride for the first time on the bike and all was working fine except I noticed the gear shift lever was slightly bent from the previous owner. I straightened it out a little and everything appears to be aligned but now the bike will only shift into 1st and neutral. The bike also makes a clunkier shift down into first while sitting and it didn’t do that before. Nothing is hitting etc. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
286 Posts
nope, not with the 300. I forget what they call it, but there's a name for it...only letting you shift up into neutral from first at a stop. Also making a nice clunk when shifting down into 1st isn't uncommon, either. Your bike is working like it should.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, not with the 300. I forget what they call it, but there's a name for it...only letting you shift up into neutral from first at a stop. Also making a nice clunk when shifting down into 1st isn't uncommon, either. Your bike is working like it should.
thanks for the reply! So it will only shift up into 2nd if I’m accelerating? Glad to hear it’s probably operating correctly because I was getting a little worried there. I’ll have to take it for a spin tomorrow and see how it feels now with the shifter straight.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hmmmmmnnnn, I am pretty sure I have shifted into 2nd from a stand still. But I am GP SHIFT, so maybe that allows me to do so. GP shift is 1 up 5 down. False neutrals are eliminated. No other real advantage just personal preference. Flying down the front straight on the track, I love banging down in the gears as opposed to shifting up, again personal preference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts