Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today I decided to pull my ninja out of the garage to go riding. The kick stand decided to flick back up after kicking it down, and, well, the bike laid on it's side. It wasn't bad, nothing really done to the paint or mirror, but the main issue is the gear lever on the left foot side bent in. The piece is really hard to bend back because it's pretty solid metal, and there's a bunch of plastic around it. It was bent in a bit more, by like an inch, but I was able to get it out enough to drive it and change gears.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to have it repaired? Picture attached.

Thanks for any help :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
take it off and beat it with a BFH, it will bend back :D
Yeah I guess :s Tried before but just decided to bend it back while it was still on which could have been a bad idea lol.

The reason I didn't take it off at first was because I'm not sure how the bottom piece comes off, since there's no actual screw and the gear lever is attached in two places.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah I guess :s Tried before but just decided to bend it back while it was still on which could have been a bad idea lol.

The reason I didn't take it off at first was because I'm not sure how the bottom piece comes off, since there's no actual screw and the gear lever is attached in two places.

I had to fix mine its easy, just use an allen wrench and remove the allen screw by the footrest. Once it falls down, just unscrew it from the long pipe/screw. Its really not that hard.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I would not be concerned about it breaking in axis of the direction of shifting, it would be more prone to breaking in the event of another drop..

The metal fatigue would be in the left right direction and shifting would put no stress on this.. Now if the metal is cracked thats a different story, but this is cheap metal so even though it bends easy it also cracks easy..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.