Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what type of gas the engine is meant for on the 300 and also what oil i should use for the oil change. Im asking since i do not have an owners manual and fairly new to bikes
thanks

·
Registered
865 Posts
Use motorcycle oil, do NOT use normal oil you would put in cars. You can find this at any place that sells motorcycles. Some have found it at auto parts stores.. but not near me for some reason, they just dont seem to carry it..? You have to use motorcycle oil due to the wet clutch. if you use regular oil, you will burn your clutch.

Use nothing lower than 87 octane if your in the US, and if your outside the US use 91 octane. Whatever your "regular" gas is where you live. But for sure, nothing below 87.

The owners manual says 87 octane, due to lower compression ratio's.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
We talked to a Kawi rep and said most bikes are designed for the 87-89 octane range.
A, due to the lower compression ( as ghost posted ) and..
B, he said they design the bikes as if someone was to ride coast to coast, what fuel would be available most everywhere. As some stations dont have Premium..
Just get your fuel from a higher usage station as their tanks are filled more often and have "fresher" gasoline.

Oil type and brand is one of the biggest debates in the Motorcycle industry, so do some research and run what make you and your wallet feel good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts