Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody experiencing the same problem? I haven't re-mapped and wondering if this will cure it. Thanks

·
Registered
345 Posts
From what I have heard, a tune(r) should fix it.
The bike comes pretty lean already on the stock tune.
Full exhaust without a tune will only make it run leaner.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Definitely will need a tune with that full exhaust mate. Go the Area-P/Fuel Moto tuner, pretty cheap and does everything a PC-V will do minus the ignition timing. And no need to get it dyno tuned either which will same even more cash, plug it in and smile away :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't mind the occasional pop, but all the time just sounds not in tune. It needs to fatten up a bit. Perhaps the stalling will end :(

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
No I didnt say the popping was bad!!! I love the popping!!!! But you should still get a tuner with the full exhaust or it will run way lean. Best 250 bucks I ever spent.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
That it did. Pretty leanish right from factory. I think that should be one of the first mods anyone does to the bike, straight off the bat no other mods done yet. I would liked to have done this first just to see how much more could have been got out of the stock bike with only a better tune in her.

And for only 250 bucks it has to be one of the cheaper mods too. Less cost than a slip on that will give you nothing except sound. At least with the tuner you will have some gain even in stock form and with further mods its only up from there......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts