Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the oil on my Ninja 300 today. Never had a problem of any sort with the bike, and it started up perfectly while warming it up before dumping the oil. After filling, I started the bike and noticed the check engine light came on (blinking). After the fuel pump finished it's normal prime sequence, it started turning on very rapidly. The bike started and ran perfectly after this. I turned the bike off, disconnected the battery, and tried to start it again. This time, there was no check engine light, but the bike continued the strange fuel pump sequence but still starts and runs perfectly. The ONLY abnormal thing that occurred during the process was, when I was filling the oil, I leaned the bike over at an angle greater than you would ever do when riding. This was to check if the level was correct, or if the condensation on the sight glass was hiding the level.

Any ideas? I have already booked an appt with Burnaby Kawi (Burnaby, BC, Canada). I obviously suspect the relay, but find it really strange that this would happen coincidentally at the same time that I was doing maintenance on the bike, which has given me 13000km trouble free up until this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts