Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I've done a ton of searching but can't seem to find anything that relates to my particular situation. It's a 2013 ABS model. The bike sat for about a month as I bought another bike. It was running fine before that. When I turn the key, everything lights up and the engine will turn over when I hit the starter, but there is no sound of the fuel pump priming and the bike won't start. (yes, the kill switch is off). When I release the starter, the check engine light flashes but no codes are thrown.
I charged the battery overnight and it does the same thing. We have tried starting with the clutch in/out, kickstand up/down, neutral/in gear, etc. so I don't think the sensors are to blame as I imagine it wouldn't even turn over if they were faulty. We've checked all the fuses and they appear to be good.

Any ideas as to what this could be? I am at a complete loss.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Did you check for gas in the tank? Sitting for a month is no big deal, so it has to be something stupid, if it ran before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it has a full tank. We went and tested with a multimeter yesterday. The battery and fuses are fine. The connector to the fuel pump seems to be getting full power so we're thinking it may be a dead fuel pump. Anybody have any other ideas?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I've done a ton of searching but can't seem to find anything that relates to my particular situation. It's a 2013 ABS model. The bike sat for about a month as I bought another bike. It was running fine before that. When I turn the key, everything lights up and the engine will turn over when I hit the starter, but there is no sound of the fuel pump priming and the bike won't start. (yes, the kill switch is off). When I release the starter, the check engine light flashes but no codes are thrown.
I charged the battery overnight and it does the same thing. We have tried starting with the clutch in/out, kickstand up/down, neutral/in gear, etc. so I don't think the sensors are to blame as I imagine it wouldn't even turn over if they were faulty. We've checked all the fuses and they appear to be good.

Looks like you have done your homework and isolated the problem to the fuel pump.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
How many miles do you have on your bike?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Is the bike in Neutral, and Do you have the KICK STAND UP????:grin2::grin2::grin2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
but seriously, check the 2 fuses that are green, 30amp fuses. May have blew a fuse.
Not 1 of the fuses in the compartment, but one of the green fuses. its under the ecu

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have ninja 300 2013 model.. Last passed 6 years i've been troubled with my bike.. Oftenly fuel pump isn't priming.. I've changed battery, checked relay box ( relays are works good ) .. I send my bike to Kawasaki service they also cant recognise the problm..i know Several peoples stuck with same problm..if You guys have any solutions or opinions please tell me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts