Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys I'm new here and I joined because I've been having problems with my 2013 Ninja 300 I was riding it just fine one day when out of nowhere it started bogging on me and losing engine power it does not bog out and die it stays running and idles just fine I change the spark plugs and they were fine replaced my air filter checked my fuel pump to make sure it was fine and it is it primes and squirts fuel out perfectly I've been running seafoam through it and it hasn't helped so the other day I took the throttle bodies out cleaned them "which they were dirty" and also took my injectors out and cleaned them with a 9-volt battery alligator clips and seafoam spray made sure that they were spraying properly, so after all of that I put the throttle bodies back in went to start up the bike and it's doing the same thing but not as bad as it was before I cleaned the throttle bodies and injectors it idles just fine but when I give it throttle it doesn't want to go past 3K RPMs sometimes I can get it to go past 3K. When I ride it , it wants to go but then it cuts out if someone can please guide me in the right direction I would really appreciate that I've been dealing with this for about 4 weeks now it's very frustrating by the way I should note that it is a stunt bike and has always ran perfectly ,thank you guys !

·
Registered
315 Posts
Is it a CA model? Meaning, does it have an O2 sensor? My buddy has a CA model 300 with O2 sensor, and we put some Seafoam through it when he bought it because it was just kinda gross and sat a while, and it ran horrible on the seafoam. Bogged like crazy, misfired a ton, etc. I can run seafoam through my non-CA model with no O2 sensor and it barely makes a difference in the engine response. So if it has an O2 sensor, I'd say first try and get all the seafoam products out of the engine and fuel.

Although you said it came out of nowhere, so that to me doesn't sound like throttle bodies getting dirty or injectors building up debris. Those would happen slowly most likely.

To me the problem sounds electrical in nature, so long as you don't have any extreme mechanical problems like your exhaust is severely leaking or your airbox where the filter is may be severely leaking. Even having the airbox filter cover off and running the bike will make it run terrible and bog, so check the air box and air box cover for a bad seal, leaks, etc. These bikes run pretty lean by design, so any "extra air" in the fuel/air ratio is probably going to make it too lean to run right.

Does it prime before starting and sound the same as it did? The fuel pump may be not able to make enough pressure to get the RPMs up. If there's no smoke coming out the exhaust, then it could be this, and the engine could be just running too lean to run right.

Might be spark related, but probably not. You could pull the plugs out and look at them and test for spark, but I'd do that after the other things if they don't fix your problem.

Hope this helps
-Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it a CA model? Meaning, does it have an O2 sensor? My buddy has a CA model 300 with O2 sensor, and we put some Seafoam through it when he bought it because it was just kinda gross and sat a while, and it ran horrible on the seafoam. Bogged like crazy, misfired a ton, etc. I can run seafoam through my non-CA model with no O2 sensor and it barely makes a difference in the engine response. So if it has an O2 sensor, I'd say first try and get all the seafoam products out of the engine and fuel.

Although you said it came out of nowhere, so that to me doesn't sound like throttle bodies getting dirty or injectors building up debris. Those would happen slowly most likely.

To me the problem sounds electrical in nature, so long as you don't have any extreme mechanical problems like your exhaust is severely leaking or your airbox where the filter is may be severely leaking. Even having the airbox filter cover off and running the bike will make it run terrible and bog, so check the air box and air box cover for a bad seal, leaks, etc. These bikes run pretty lean by design, so any "extra air" in the fuel/air ratio is probably going to make it too lean to run right.

Does it prime before starting and sound the same as it did? The fuel pump may be not able to make enough pressure to get the RPMs up. If there's no smoke coming out the exhaust, then it could be this, and the engine could be just running too lean to run right.

Might be spark related, but probably not. You could pull the plugs out and look at them and test for spark, but I'd do that after the other things if they don't fix your problem.

Hope this helps
-Mike
Thank you for the response sorry for getting back to you so late how would you know if it's a CA model I honestly don't think that mine is it had the normal emissions on it when I got the bike I ended up deleting the emissions and doing a cleaner mod basically blocking off the two holes on the air box running a hose from the crankcase to the front of the bike with a breather and blocking off the head I will double check my airbox make sure that's tight make sure that there's no leaks that I don't know about " if any " also I just got my bike back from the shop and they tested the fuel pressure and it seems to be getting enough fuel so it has to be electrical also I did check the plugs and they wenrnt dirty at all I'm just so puzzled I don't know what else I could do if all else fails

·
Registered
315 Posts
Stick coils and the wires on the harness for the stick coils look okay?

Checking your main engine harness is never a bad idea. Check for areas that got worn through, shorting wires, damaged plugs, etc.

A hypothesis I have is that maybe a wire was wearing agains the frame, and finally rubbed enough through to short finally, causes maybe some ignition issues or something else.

Check the wiring, all of it. As much as you can see and find. If something looks wrong, it probably is. If you rewire stuff, be extremely careful to not rewire something backwards or the wrong way. If you've never worked on wiring, find a friend who is experienced in some kind of electrical work.

Hope this helps!

-Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stick coils and the wires on the harness for the stick coils look okay?

Checking your main engine harness is never a bad idea. Check for areas that got worn through, shorting wires, damaged plugs, etc.

A hypothesis I have is that maybe a wire was wearing agains the frame, and finally rubbed enough through to short finally, causes maybe some ignition issues or something else.

Check the wiring, all of it. As much as you can see and find. If something looks wrong, it probably is. If you rewire stuff, be extremely careful to not rewire something backwards or the wrong way. If you've never worked on wiring, find a friend who is experienced in some kind of electrical work.

Hope this helps!

-Mike
Thanks Mike I'll take a look at it tomorrow after work and let you know if I find anything I will keep the form updated

·
Registered
12 Posts
The ECU recall has been done on your 2013 ? If not maybe its going bad... just a thought. You mentioned that this is a stunt bike ... check your TPS signal ... a lot of on/off throttle might wear it down. If the ECU doesn't receive the signal to give more gas, you will be stuck with the amount of fuel at closed throttle!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The ECU recall has been done on your 2013 ? If not maybe its going bad... just a thought. You mentioned that this is a stunt bike ... check your TPS signal ... a lot of on/off throttle might wear it down. If the ECU doesn't receive the signal to give more gas, you will be stuck with the amount of fuel at closed throttle!
I finally got some time to work on the 300 again and I just recently got a new tps I have the tool to calibrate it as well and when I installed the new TPS a check engine light came on and when the bike is priming up it's making a weird sound coming from the sensor and the actuator valves problems still persist , how would I test the ECU as well? I don't think it could be stator but I will check it my bike seems to have enough power for everything and I'm running a pretty old battery , could the battery maby be a problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts