Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ninja 300 ABS SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used a fuel injector cleaner on their bike before and how much do you use considering the gas tank is pretty small in capacity?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yes, I pour a bottle every 2000 miles circa. Not the whole bottle at once. You have to check in the bottle how much you have to pour by gallon. In the ones that I've used, it's one fluid oz per gallon. I pour that measure every time I fill the tank until the whole bottle is gone.
The bottle also recommend to pour the cleaner when before the pouring the gas. I guess to get it mixed better.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I use Chevron Techron Concentrate (now called Complete Fuel System Cleaner, I think) once per season in all of my vehicles. 1oz per gal. Cleans the injector, but also intake valve and combustion chamber.

In the cycles I use it in the first fresh tank of gas after running the treated storage gas. In the cars I run it every spring.

It was recommended to me by a family friend that is a Mechanical Engineer working in auto emissions.

If he says it works - it works.

·
Registered
2014 Ninja 300 ABS SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I pour a bottle every 2000 miles circa. Not the whole bottle at once. You have to check in the bottle how much you have to pour by gallon. In the ones that I've used, it's one fluid oz per gallon. I pour that measure every time I fill the tank until the whole bottle is gone.
The bottle also recommend to pour the cleaner when before the pouring the gas. I guess to get it mixed better.
Ah I see thanks

·
Registered
2014 Ninja 300 ABS SE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use Chevron Techron Concentrate (now called Complete Fuel System Cleaner, I think) once per season in all of my vehicles. 1oz per gal. Cleans the injector, but also intake valve and combustion chamber.

In the cycles I use it in the first fresh tank of gas after running the treated storage gas. In the cars I run it every spring.

It was recommended to me by a family friend that is a Mechanical Engineer working in auto emissions.

If he says it works - it works.
Haha yeah I’ll believe the words of a mechanic since they’ll have more knowledge in this kind of stuff than me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts