Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my bike on her rear stand, and decided to turn her on, put her in first, and when I released the clutch, I could hear the chain as it went around the sprocket, prob just dirty.

So i got down on my knees(no homo)
and squeezed in the clutch, and was looking through the slit of the sprocket cover and slowly released to watch the chain, as i was doing this, i noticed part of the sprocket looks like its drooping down like part of it is bent, ill try to get a pic later, but wantee others to do this and let it spin real slow and see if you see this. I dont feel anything from it, just curious

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yeah, mine had yellow paint on the flat spot. You can use a 8mm socket and easily remove that cover to check it out.
Awesome, Thanks! Going to remove that next time I clean the chain for sure because after shining some light in there, I see gunk.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I hope not too loosley. Its not hard to turn but its also not super sensitive. It does hang low which is kinda nice. I have actually adjusted idle at a stop light while on the bike. As for the cover it does get pretty greasey. The must be pretty liberal with the chain lube in Thailand :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Based on your pic Im also wondering. Do you find you have white greasy stuff smeared on your engine and exhause headers especially down low. My bike had that stuff on it and Im still cleaning it up hear and there. Looks like you might have some too?

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Based on your pic Im also wondering. Do you find you have white greasy stuff smeared on your engine and exhause headers especially down low. My bike had that stuff on it and Im still cleaning it up hear and there. Looks like you might have some too?
I don't see any in the pic, I'll have to check next time I go to to ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts