Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple way to get rid of your front reflectors and make it look stock.. Unscrew the reflectors, use a socket or wrench and unscrew the nut that the reflector screwed into. Remove your rear seat and unscrew two of the four hex head screws that attach to the rear fender. Install these screws onto the front fender where the reflectors where, make sure you use the metal spacers that where installed in these locations, I also like to use a dab of blue locktight just because. Now you can install the funky screws from the front fender into the locations of the rear fender bolts you removed.

Done, simple as that. 100% cleaner look, if you dont have inspections.

As for the safety issues, reflective rim tape is a great fix :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice. I will do this soon.

Those front reflectors clash with the bike, and look like something off my Schwinn.

The rear is not so bad, I probably won't even do the FE

-THE DON

·
Registered
221 Posts
Did the same as soon as I got it. The front and rear reflectors were removed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I knew I was going to do this before I even bought the bike, I had put off even looking at it because I thought I would have to buy some new bolts.
Glad I found this, I just walked downstairs and had it done in 5 mins :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Simple way to get rid of your front reflectors and make it look stock.. Unscrew the reflectors, use a socket or wrench and unscrew the nut that the reflector screwed into. Remove your rear seat and unscrew two of the four hex head screws that attach to the rear fender. Install these screws onto the front fender where the reflectors where, make sure you use the metal spacers that where installed in these locations, I also like to use a dab of blue locktight just because. Now you can install the funky screws from the front fender into the locations of the rear fender bolts you removed.

Done, simple as that. 100% cleaner look, if you dont have inspections.

As for the safety issues, reflective rim tape is a great fix :)
Yeah I doubt the reflectors have saved a single motorcycle rider in the history of time. I will take the chance.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yeah I doubt the reflectors have saved a single motorcycle rider in the history of time. I will take the chance.
It's one of those standard things, for world-wide regulations. Kinda like that silly rear fender/license plate bracket.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Some white 3M reflective tape would work well on this bike in the right spots as a replacement for the reflectors, for those with a mind towards safety.

I admit I wear High vis jacket and I have reflective tape all over my helmet including in the shape of a face on the back of my helmet with two googly eyes also. face recognition is one of the first brain responses in primates, it gets attention quicker than anything else as a survival mechanism.

My jacket of choice for summers in florida:

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good to see everyone deleting their reflectors! I understand why they are there but they are just so UGLY!! Luckily KAWI did us a favor and made them so easily removable!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts