Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got back from school, and on the ride there I did not notice anything. But when I started her up to leave I noticed some concerning vibration coming from what felt like the front fender. She was not exactly "warmed up" when I got going, but I have definitely ridden her at colder temperatures. Anyways the front fender is good on clearance from the front tire and nice and tight- so it is not that.

The vibration is most noticeable anywhere past 5K RPM's in neutral or first gear, and when I decelerate using engine braking when the RPM's spike.

I may have taken a speed bump a little quick in the parking lot? But what could that have done? Also, the gear box feels clunkier for some reason. All this changed while I was in one class at school?

A little more info- I am approaching 800 miles and still have not changed the oil or oil filter. But I am going to this weekend, especially now. Maybe that will help?

Any input on my situation would be appreciated. Unless your input is like sarcastic, or humor based- in which case I give you my "lolz" in advance and thank you for checking out my thread. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think mine may have had slightly similar issue around 700k mark. Slight vibration type sound when rolling off the throttle and the engine slows the bike. Just got the first service done and it really smoothed out the gear changes. Didn't realise it would have that much effect on the bike but it has really improved it and I think the vibration has gone as well.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
the 300 has a vibration thru the seat & the pegs, the fix for the pegs is get a car tire tube and cut out a piece the size of postage stamp, lift the peg up & slide the rubber between peg & kickplate. the seat, theres a fix for it in my signature

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
tbh i kind of like vibration in the seat lets me know the bike is aliveeeee

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
tbh i kind of like vibration in the seat lets me know the bike is aliveeeee

just wait till you do a reasonable amount of time in the saddle on a trip on the highway after a few hours you will wish the vibration wasn’t there at all

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So this morning on the way to work there was no issues. And same goes for on the way home from work. But I will say the gears are feeling noticeably less smooth. I am thinking the oil change will fix that. Hopefully.

Quite strange. :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts