Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Long story short my friend hit (and cracked) the bumper of the car in front of us going around 15mph, doing and endo and smashing his headlight assembly into the trunk of her car.

Surprisingly his bike only has minor scratches, however the entire head unit assembly seems to be pushed in a bit. I believe the bars they are mounted on acted as a bumper and bent inward from the force of the crash. It is mostly on the right side so none of his right side fairings fit correctly (they are all offset back about half an inch). What part is this and where can he find a replacement?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Bicycle part Vehicle

I'm not sure what it's proper name is but I call it a "fairing stay", it supports the dash, headlights and fairings. You could check partzilla for the part number and official name, or eBay "fairing stay ninja 300" or "fairing bracket ninja 300".
Best of luck

I also suggest pulling the fairings off and properly assessing the damage and what needs to be replaced before ordering parts

·
Registered
61 Posts
View attachment 86025

I'm not sure what it's proper name is but I call it a "fairing stay", it supports the dash, headlights and fairings. You could check partzilla for the part number and official name, or eBay "fairing stay ninja 300" or "fairing bracket ninja 300".
Best of luck

I also suggest pulling the fairings off and properly assessing the damage and what needs to be replaced before ordering parts
This:iagree: I just had to do this on my bike. Your friend better be prepared to take everything off his bike, and I do mean everything forward of the handlebars. Dashboard, Mirrors,cowlings obviously, coolant reservoir. Wiring harness. I cut a corner and used bolt cutters on both the old and new bracket to get all the necessary wiring in just big enough to sneak the wiring in there

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not to deviate from the thread but how'd he manage to rear end the car at that speed? o_O
We were driving along and someone 4 cars ahead decides to turn right but there was a bicycle crossing the street, so the car stops in the middle of our lane instead of pulling to the side for traffic to pass. Because of this the car behind him slows down very fast, the one behind him slows down even faster. As you can imagine each car slowed down even faster until the car in front of my friend full on floored the brake pedal, tires squealing etc. I was behind him so I had 5 seconds of room, but he only had around 2. Since we were going 50mph and this all happened so fast, he wasn't able to fully stop in time, so he hit the car going around 15mph which was still enough to endo his bike and bash the headunit into the trunk of the car. After his bike fell over it also broke the front brake lever and right mirror, and because the fairings were all forced back all the little clips moulded into the right fairing were sheared off.

·
Registered
417 Posts
We were driving along and someone 4 cars ahead decides to turn right but there was a bicycle crossing the street, so the car stops in the middle of our lane instead of pulling to the side for traffic to pass. Because of this the car behind him slows down very fast, the one behind him slows down even faster. As you can imagine each car slowed down even faster until the car in front of my friend full on floored the brake pedal, tires squealing etc. I was behind him so I had 5 seconds of room, but he only had around 2. Since we were going 50mph and this all happened so fast, he wasn't able to fully stop in time, so he hit the car going around 15mph which was still enough to endo his bike and bash the headunit into the trunk of the car. After his bike fell over it also broke the front brake lever and right mirror, and because the fairings were all forced back all the little clips moulded into the right fairing were sheared off.
Ah okay, that makes sense. I assumed the traffic was 15 mph. XD

All the best, anyway!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.