Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want to upgrade your horn and do it for not a lot of money, Fiamm Freeway Blaster is a good choice. Bolts straight on using the stock bracket, uses two stock wires and clears the forks and fender. It is louder than stock by a good margin. Not an air horn, but the best of the lower cost options. I own both. Air horns (Ear Cannon from Aerostich) requires a relay, wiring harness and sturdy bracket. It will wake the dead. Also requires space. The Fiamm gives you a good option for $15.00 Amazon or $8.00 from an Amazon retailer. The stock horn is ......well, a stock cheap sounding horn.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
proof that there is always someone who will carry things to a stupid extream
LMAO!!!

now that is a BRILLIANT idea:jawdropsmilie:

i wanted to fit dual air horns from a truck to my bike last year but didnt have the room, so i went hunting and found the Stebel Compact Nautilus instead

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I put one on the 250 and it's been quite useful. It's fun to scare the shit out of people haha. Will swap it onto the 300 once it's ready to ride again.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Here's a picture of the freeway blaster on my 250, which shouldn't be too different on the 300. It's worth noting that the current mounting position doesn't allow for a triple tree stand to be used; perhaps the clearance is a little better on the 300 but I won't know until I install it later.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
As I am researching and comparing airhorns for motorcycles I ran across this link
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-horns/motorcycle-horn-comparison.htm
Kind of interesting.
Sorry Cruzin but your horn didn't fair to well :( But looks like the test was done in 2008 so the problems must have been fixed by now
But Scuzzy your Hella Horns placed first :)
their review of the Stebel made me laugh.

if it was DOA why not return it and get another.i love how he reckons it has serious flaws because of this.it must have been the first thing he has bought in his life & never bought a "lemon " before.

also they said the horn fails. they do fail. when you mount them so they fill up with water, lol.

as for the mounting bracket, the one supplied is small generic. its not brain surgery to take a piece of metal drill a hole in each end & bend it into an "L" so you can mount the horn like what does to mine.

i can assure you there is nothing wrong with the Stebel horn & in the past year or two it has saved my skin a number of times, more then loud enough to be heard by cage drivers

you can just see the "L" bracket that comes off the motor mount to hold the airhorn between the motor & fairing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts