Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that Corbin is looking for a Ninja 300 to borrow for a new seat design. The only catch is that they need to have your whole bike for the day, so that means this is a ride-in service. In return, you will get a free seat!

I have one on my 2010 Ninja 250, and I couldn't imagine riding without it.....especially on longer trips. You may want to call them first just to make sure someone else hasn't taken the offer before you ride down there. I have attached a link below.

Free Corbin Seat

·
Registered
865 Posts
Why do all these places have to be across the country... I wanna get some free stuff...!!!! hahahaa oh well, Living on the east coast is what it is.

I may ahv to check these seats out after they get one on the market.

Since you have one, what makes them special? just the design? or the material? what are they made from?

EDIT: at cfrp's request. I live in NH =D

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I tried to send them my stock seat a month ago but sadly they wanted to whole freaking bike haha..

Maybe its the same as the 250R seat, I have both bikes in my garage but I have never even checked???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why do all these places have to be across the country... I wanna get some free stuff...!!!! hahahaa oh well, Living on the east coast is what it is.

I may ahv to check these seats out after they get one on the market.

Since you have one, what makes them special? just the design? or the material? what are they made from?
These seats use a "Comfort Cell" foam. You may be able to read more about it on their website, but I'll tell you my experience with the seat. The foam may seem kinda of hard initially, but it takes about 500-1000 miles to break-in. I could immediately notice a difference in the support, and it was also a little thicker than the stock seat. The foam material they use has more of a supportive saddle shape to it. They have a variety of materials that you can select for the cover of the seat. I selected a leather seating area with a vinyl siding. They even stitched the Corbin logo in green.....which matches the color of my bike very well.

Might be worth mentioning what area you guys are in.
Corbin is located in Hollister, CA

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried to send them my stock seat a month ago but sadly they wanted to whole freaking bike haha..

Maybe its the same as the 250R seat, I have both bikes in my garage but I have never even checked???
I haven't seen the 300 in person, but you could definitely compare the seats to find out. The only thing I could think of that might be different is how it mates up to the gas tank. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the shape of the 300's gas tank differ from the 250?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I will try to check to tonight if the seats are anything alike..

I did not read many good reviews on the 250R Corbin Seat.. On my last bike the corbin seat was awesome though, and there was nothing but positive reviews on that model.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've got a Corbin on my 2004 ninja 250 and love it. Will definitely be getting one for the 300.

From what I have read, the 300 seat is a bit narrower than the 08-12 250 seat.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Living on the east coast blows haha.. I want free Modz :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will try to check to tonight if the seats are anything alike..

I did not read many good reviews on the 250R Corbin Seat.. On my last bike the corbin seat was awesome though, and there was nothing but positive reviews on that model.
I bought the seat at 10k miles (now have 17k), and I wish I would have bought it when my bike was new. I ride about 100 miles a day (work), and I feel the design of the Corbin seat fits my needs perfectly. With the factory seat, I would start to have a little bit of lower back pain when I went any more than 100 miles. I can now ride all day long and not have to worry about any pain at all.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Any idea how long it will take to fab one up?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any idea how long it will take to fab one up?
I believe they just need it for one day. I bet if you dropped it off in the morning, they would have it done by the evening.

While I was there, I saw them design a seat for a new Ducati. I was able to watch them do everything from the start...remove the factory seat, take all kinds of measurements, cover parts of the bike with plastic and tape, make a mold, etc. It was interesting to watch the process, although I never did see the end result as my bike was done within a few hours.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I believe they just need it for one day. I bet if you dropped it off in the morning, they would have it done by the evening.

While I was there, I saw them design a seat for a new Ducati. I was able to watch them do everything from the start...remove the factory seat, take all kinds of measurements, cover parts of the bike with plastic and tape, make a mold, etc. It was interesting to watch the process, although I never did see the end result as my bike was done within a few hours.
I would but I'm on the other side of the planet
Hope they release it soon :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
still waiting on confirmation from cbzdel - 250 - 300 seat diff :D
If there the same im getting a Corbin asap

·
Registered
85 Posts
still waiting on confirmation from cbzdel - 250 - 300 seat diff :D
If there the same im getting a Corbin asap
If they were the same, Corbin would not be making a model for the 300.

I have read that the 300 has a slightly more narrow seat than the 250.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If they were the same, Corbin would not be making a model for the 300.

I have read that the 300 has a slightly more narrow seat than the 250.
I agree with you. The seat does seem to be a little more narrow, plus the rear of the 300 seat seems to have a different shape to it than the 250. Since the frame of the 300 is also different, I bet the seat pan for the 250 wouldn't mount the same way on the 300.

·
Registered
865 Posts
When these get released, i'm def buying one!!! lol whoever notices they are out post something letting us know!!! haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts