Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,643 Posts
That's all relative on how much you want to spend, whether you want cut or no-cut sliders... so many factors.

Personally, I have the Shogun frame sliders and I love them. However, they're definitely not the least expensive thing out there.

·
Super Moderator
2,643 Posts
What is the difference and benefits of cut and no cut slider?
They all have about the same benefits, the difference is whether or not you have to cut your fairings to accommodate the slider. No cut is just that, no need to cut your fairings.

·
Super Moderator
2,643 Posts
Obviously it is going to be no cut. Why would someone cut the fairing.
I have no answer to that - I'd never do it, but there are a lot of people who do just that. I'm not going to tell them they can't, I can only say that I wouldn't ever do it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Because most (if not all) of the non cut sliders use a bracket. In case of a fall, this bracket could leverage against the frame and do more damage than good. At least, that's the theory behind it.
My bike doesn't have sliders and I never dropped it, so I can't tell from experience.

Slider will surely help you in a drop from still or a low speed fall.
In a mid to high speed drop, some people claim that the slider will make the bike 'catch' on the pavement and flip over causing more damage.

My thinking is that in a mid to high speed, anything can happen and many things may break, including the rider, so I guess the sliders won't make much difference.

·
Registered
419 Posts
To have a stronger slider.
If you have "no-cut" then you have to find a way to attach the bracket, position the slider, and avoid all plastic.
If you have "cut" then you just have to attach the bracket and position the slider, removing any plastic that gets in your way.
Shorter, straighter members are going to generally be stronger than a longer bracket that weaves through existing fairing cutouts.

·
Registered
103 Posts
IDK anything about which is best, I'm just in the market for cheap, if possible. This is expensive n don't look strong, but a theory says that may be a good thing in a fast crash. Bike is cheap so that's the least of your worries.

This is probably what I will go for, gotta decide which color for white ninja lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the T-REX no cut but what they do is create a four point box around the engine to offset the puck. I have dropped the bike on the track twice and the sliders have absorbed a lot of damage. Other no-cut solutions will have an elbow bracket to allow the slider to stick out from the fairings but there is no real support behind it. They will bend easily on impact, still saving some damage but you will have a bent bracket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts