Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, first time visitor here and I have a question about putting on frame slider.
So I have a 2016 Ninja 300 and I was trying to install a pair of frame sliders. The fair removing went well then I got stuck at the two stubborn bolts (see photos) which not budge at all despite how hard I tried, I even snapped a ratchet extension bar.
Would really appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
280 Posts
not sure which bolt you're trying to remove..but I guess the standard answer would be to try an impact wrench..

(assume you've tried a breaker bar as opposed to just putting an extension on a regular ratchet handle?)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Those are two of the five (I think) engine mounting bolts. They get tighten at 50ft-lbs I believe, so a breaker bar should do it.
It may help to put a jack under the engine and put a bit of pressure on it so the bolts won't be bearing the weight of the engine.

·
Registered
534 Posts
You may also want to try and use a good quality 6-point socket, not a 12-point one.

If everything that has been suggested fails (unlikely), you may have to drill the head out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure which bolt you're trying to remove..but I guess the standard answer would be to try an impact wrench..

(assume you've tried a breaker bar as opposed to just putting an extension on a regular ratchet handle?)

thanks mate for your help. I think Topaz

Thanks for the advice. Topaz is spot on about the bolt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are two of the five (I think) engine mounting bolts. They get tighten at 50ft-lbs I believe, so a breaker bar should do it.
It may help to put a jack under the engine and put a bit of pressure on it so the bolts won't be bearing the weight of the engine.
Thanks so much for the advice mate. I’ll be putting one in my shopping cart in a moment : ). Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You may also want to try and use a good quality 6-point socket, not a 12-point one.

If everything that has been suggested fails (unlikely), you may have to drill the head out.
Thank you for reminding. Yes we do have to prevent using 12 point in any situation like this one, it will make it worse!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts