Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it happened. I was at a red light at about 7:45 this morning and when it turned green I gave a little gas, let out on the clutch, and the back tire slipped (dew or oil... not sure). When it slid I whiskey throttled and lifted it up. It was at an angle so I couldn't sit it back down so I released and hit the ground, as did my bike :(. I was ATGATT so no injuries. A little mark on my stomach from the zipper and a headache. My bike was surprisingly not that bad. I scraped the plastics pretty good on the clutch side and my mirror broke, but no metal damage. My helmet shield is scratched up. I am glad that I didn't continue to throttle because it had kicked towards the oncoming traffic... could have been really bad. The gear shift was bent, but a guy that stopped had some pliers, I bent it back and finished the ride (30 more miles). So... bittersweet for sure: sad that my baby got scratched up, but grateful that I, or anyone else wasn't hurt. And my bike actually made it out pretty good too, considering.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Sorry that happened, jhughes. Sucks to go down! Ye might want to fill in your location-details in your control-panel or the mods will be on ya!

Good luck in getting the bike repaired and glad you weren't hurt. ATGATT is a great thing exactly for those situations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.