Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola folks.

Proud new owner of a Ninja 300 ABS here. Picked my new baby up today and even after only 13 miles I have to say this bike blows away my CBR250R in almost every way. (The stock mirrors on this bike are pretty much useless IMO)

Started on a Ninja 250 a year ago but was only able to enjoy that bike for 2 months before it was destroyed by an inattentive truck driver. After that I bought a CBR250R (it was $600+ cheaper than another Ninja) but I killed that bike myself (and broke a wrist) with a bout of target fixation in July and I have been on replacement CBR since September. I have now come full circle and am back on a green Ninja again, albeit on with a 296cc engine and anti-lock brakes.

Words can't describe how happy I was riding my 300 back from the shop today, feels like home!

· Registered
4,515 Posts
Picked my new baby up today and even after only 13 miles I have to say this bike blows away my CBR250R in almost every way.
My daughters electric ride on motorbike blows away the CBR250R. I am pretty sure my granddads mobility scooter would blow it away. In fact.....I think I may be able to even run faster than the CBR250R. With one leg.

· Registered
36 Posts
Welcome back to the Kawi Family ^^. BTW, anyone here heard anything about the Yamaha R4. From somewhere on the internet I read, will it come the US market soon?? I would like to see another big player in this class. Talking about the CBR250R, totally hated when it first came out and so glad that I have the Ninja at that time. Haha~~~

· Registered
427 Posts
When you wrote about a Yamaha R4, I immediately thought a 400cc bike might be nice.

Then I look into it and it's Yamaha's entry into the 250cc world. The style is sharp but why not find a niche between the Ninja 300 and CBR500R?
Are they content to beat up on the CBR250?

· Registered
381 Posts
When you wrote about a Yamaha R4, I immediately thought a 400cc bike might be nice.

Then I look into it and it's Yamaha's entry into the 250cc world. The style is sharp but why not find a niche between the Ninja 300 and CBR500R?
If you buy the new 636 you can set the mode switch to option "C" which will set the limiter to about 400cc haha

· Registered
36 Posts

Haha, me too. I dont know why they call a 250 R4. Might be calling R2 will confuse ppl thinkabout they make a 2L bike since R1 is so popular.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.