Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few mounting kits to hold phones/camera/GPS/etc. on to the fork stem of motorcycles. It typically involves pulling off a plastic or rubber cap covering the hole in the fork stem of the bike and inserting a bolt in to this center hole. However, looking at the top of the stem on my Ninja 300, it looks like a completely solid bolt, with no hole in the center. Does the Ninja 300 just not have a hole? Am I just out of luck or are there standard sizes for stems that I can replace mine with in order get a hole I can mount a kit on?

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Instead of doing that I put a GoPro mount right at the front edge of the gas tank and have a phone holder with a gimbal that will attach to the GoPro mount. I wanted the phone/camera to stay straight on the bike when I was turning.

·
Registered
914 Posts
It is indeed a flanged bolt. I purchased a Yoshimura bolt and had it tapped 1/4"-20 to accept a RAM ball.
i am dealing with the same problem, the only solution is replacing the stem nut is it?
I'm making an DIY on how to do it, in case someone isn't familiar with tapping and such. Will probably be up by next week.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I use a handle bar mount that has just enough clearance to fit.
Do you think that's a "better" option, or did you just do that because it's an easier option?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have my Quad Lock on a handlebar clamp on the left bar. Just inboard of the clutch handle clamp there's enough room for it. I find it puts the phone in a good spot for me, to the left of the dials with the bars straight ahead, and clear of all parts throughout the whole range of travel of steering.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have my Quad Lock on a handlebar clamp on the left bar. Just inboard of the clutch handle clamp there's enough room for it. I find it puts the phone in a good spot for me, to the left of the dials with the bars straight ahead, and clear of all parts throughout the whole range of travel of steering.
I was very much considering the same approach. But I had my heart set on a center mount. It worked out great for me. If I didn't have access to the lathe I would have done the left mount. Thanks for info.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I was very much considering the same approach. But I had my heart set on a center mount. It worked out great for me. If I didn't have access to the lathe I would have done the left mount. Thanks for info.
Your setup looks awesome. Is the interface a hex socket cut to match the bolt head held in place with set screws?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts