Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode at MSR Houston last weekend and it was really hot. Several people had to sit out sessions. Many had headaches and weren't feeling well.

I rode all sessions except for the 1st one (I was still getting set up), and had the entire track just for me on the very last session, as nobody else wanted to ride.

While I don't like hot weather, I like riding on the track too much, so I do everything I can to have a great time out there. I've shared a bunch of tips at a Beyond the Track meeting last year and thought I should share the video here, as some riders may get some benefit from it.

I'm a newbie and this forum doesn't allow to put the links, so, please, type . instead of that word.

youtu[dot]be/9Ui-1_b7wQw

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah, many people give up on heat or rain, specially older and more experienced guys.
When I make it to the track, I ride until the very last minute, rain or shine.

Here in South Florida, we have a lot of heat and a lot of rain, especially in the summer.
The rain is usually refreshing, as the rainy season is the summer, winter is much dryer.
I've been to Houston once in the summer and I remember is pretty much like South Florida, haha, not the most enjoyable weather.

At the track, I found myself more than once riding in the rain completely alone in the last session of a rainy, hot and humid summer day. LOL. To the point that once I felt bad for the corner workers and got off the track ten minutes before the checkers flag. Probably the only time I didn't ride until the end.

Then you get back home and cool yourself out. I always remember the turns, not the heat or the rain.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I rode at MSR Houston last weekend and it was really hot. Several people had to sit out sessions. Many had headaches and weren't feeling well.

I rode all sessions except for the 1st one (I was still getting set up), and had the entire track just for me on the very last session, as nobody else wanted to ride.

While I don't like hot weather, I like riding on the track too much, so I do everything I can to have a great time out there. I've shared a bunch of tips at a Beyond the Track meeting last year and thought I should share the video here, as some riders may get some benefit from it.

I'm a newbie and this forum doesn't allow to put the links, so, please, type . instead of that word.

youtu[dot]be/9Ui-1_b7wQw

You came from Canada to run msrh? :emot-ninja: I was there. Ran L3 and crashed in the only rain we had around noon. Slow speed crash, but it screwed up the bike and I didn’t bring a backup. The heat is hard to deal with, but overall, if you pace yourself and stay hydrated, you’ll be fine. How did you like RideSmart?

Here’s your link.

One day I’ll attend the BTT. I’m sure I can help give some inside to track days/racing. I’m assuming you are on Motohouston?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts