Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

For all those with an Ebony Ninja 300......

16K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Bobbieboy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Just wanted to show a few mods that you can do to make your black ninja look that liitle bit stealthier. Please feel free to leave comments, negative or positive I dont mind. Would also like to see what others have done to their black ninja's, I have seen a lot of threads and mods on this forum regarding the stardust white (seems as if everyone is buying them!!!) and a few about the SE but not many about the beautiful black beasts.

Took the day off work yesterday to spend the day with my baby :p

I took out all of the stainless bolts that are in view on the fairings, went to my local hardware store and bought a $5 can of satin black paint, a few coats on all the bolts and back in. Remarkable how much better this now looks and blends in really well.

Took out the fuel cap assembly, also painted this in the same satin black after trying other colours first. Not painted the centre flap and lock assembly, only the surround. The reason I did this was to ascertain how the bike looked with various paint schemes. First I did white, then red, then green and then finally the black and this is how it now remains. I was planning on upgrading/changing this assembly later to a nicer looking anodized item or maybe even the Rizoma fuel cap (if you have not seen these they are an absolute work of art and well worth a look. Pricey....) and I believe another member of the forum has already installed the Rizoma, if they happen to read this could you post up a pic of the finished item, I had a browse through the threads and couldnt find the pics I saw previously.

So the reason for painting the surround was to see how the different colours match with the black bike and to not be upset or disappointed when I receive the assembly I do decide to buy and then realise it looks absolutely crappola. Better to be safe than sorry and out of pocket.

Also did the mod with the whiting out of the lettering on the tyres with a $2 paint pen, thought it might be a bit gayish but looks pretty nice and had my bro take my bike for a spin down the street whilst I stood back and watched; when rolling the white lettering sorta turn into a blur and gives it a very sporty look, sorta looks as if you have some sort of white wall tyre. Very nice mod and whilst I dont expect that the paint will stay on for very long, maybe a few months as the flexing of the sidewall on the tyres WILL crack the paint and flake off. But takes literally 30 mins to redo.

Also attached a pic of the tank pad that I received in the mail from the UK, not actually a gel tank pad, more just a piece of vinyl :mad: which was a bit disappointing but never the less it does what it is supposed to and protects from the dreaded scratches that are bound to happen without one.

Please leave comments on the tank pad, I myself am not convinced that it suits the bike even though everyone that has seen it so far reckons it looks pretty bloody sick. Maybe they are just being nice so please, comments guys and if you think it looks shitty, please tell me as I value everyone's opinion on this forum!

I know you guys like lots of pics of mods so here are 10!! First 2 are before and after with the bolt mod...

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
That actually looks pretty good mate, I like how you have fillowed the lines of the windshield with the red....

You should have a look into the Luimoto seat covers to match what you have done, they make some really nice covers and all you need is a decent staplegun to whack it on. They do one with a slight red accent which would look choice to go with your windshield and rim tape...

They also have a custom centre where you can have pretty much anything embroidered for around an extra 45 bucks. They also do the passenger seat too and do them both in a package. So where you see the 250R logo there on the seat, that can be changed to whatever logo you want. I am in the process of doing up a Ninja 300 logo at home to have them put that on in pretty much the same font as what we already have Ninja written in. Even just having Ninja written there would look fuggin A. With the custom centre you have a whole load of colour choices too and seeing as you are already in the US it will be pretty cheap shipping for you, compared to triple the price for me in Oz.

Good work Krispy!!!

#9 ·
that second seat really matches the color scheme of the one I'm getting:

Woomba this is an awesome colour scheme mate, I am hoping that I will be able to in the future get some of the decals and fairings from this model to replace some of the ones on my Ebony. You Canadians get all the cool stuff!!! We in Australia just get the left overs and then pay twice as much for em.

#7 · (Edited)
To my knowledge, it is only available in Canada. For whatever reason, if we want ABS its either Ebony or Ebony/Metallic Moondust Gray. So if you want to be visible, you gotta buy visible gear since the bike will be dark

Incidentally, we Canadians also get Passion Red, but I've seen that available in some other countries, and even in an ABS variety

#20 ·
Yeah that tank pad is gone now and just replaced with a CF Progrip pad. I thought the same, alittle busy and I like just simple white accents on the black bike. The busy pad sort of took away some of the effect of the other accents.....

Was actually standing there after I di the bolts going, hmmmmmm what can I paint now???? So I did the fuel cap surround :D

But didnt want to go overboard with the black, more just wanted to blend in colours that didnt match properly. Plus I ran out of paint :eek:

I would suggest that everyone do the same no matter black, green or white....... match your bolts with the colour that surrounds them for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.