Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In all the years I rode my Suzuki, I think it was a bare two times I ever had someone just hop onto my bike without permission.

Since buying my Ninja 300, it seems to be a nearly weekly occurrence, and almost *always* happens when I go to the liquor store.

At first I tried to be polite, but now there isn't even an attempt at friendliness when that happens: I have a prepared ration, and I feed it to these assmunches with vigor and gusto.

Anybody else having this problem with the 300?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, I don't get why people think it's ok to just get on someone elses bike. I'm not going to hop into your car...don't get on my bike.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
This is one of the reasons I'd never park in front of a store. For some reason people feel like it's there on display as a sit test model. I also get like almost everyone I work with asking me if they can ride my bike. I tell them "give me $5,000 and I'll let you ride it." They usually get all pissy after that. Almost all of these idiots don't have licenses or any training.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is one of the reasons I'd never park in front of a store. For some reason people feel like it's there on display as a sit test model. I also get like almost everyone I work with asking me if they can ride my bike. I tell them "give me $5,000 and I'll let you ride it." They usually get all pissy after that. Almost all of these idiots don't have licenses or any training.
I've never had anyone ask if they can ride my bike, but I've definitely had folk ask if I'll *give* them a ride. I tell them I'll be more than happy to do so, and that they should go get geared up. The conversation more or less fizzles thereafter.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Not sure why people think bikes are free game for touching and sitting and whatever else. You don't do that to cars or at least most people don't. Not to mention people that don't ride have no clue about the weight of a motorcycle and once it's off the stand you have to balance the thing or end up laying it down. And then who's paying for the damage?...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Same thing happend to me. I left the bike right in front of Best Buy, and when I walk out, some chick is sitting on it while her boyfriend was taking a picture of her! I was mad, but was too much of a wussy to show it, but i was with my friend, who also had a motorcycle parked next to it, and he was even madder. He went crazy on the dude! I had to tell him it was alright, cuz i think he was gonna beat the crap out of of him right in front of his girl...

I dont know why people just think it is ok to sit on it. That would be the equivalent of me opening someone's car door and sitting in it...wtf!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nope, I have yet to catch someone on my bike without asking. Actually, no one has asked me if I'll let them sit on it, and every time I've offered people are surprised (and delighted, as if I read their mind).

But the day I find someone sitting on my bike, is the day I'll round-house kick someone off first ask questions later.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I had to tell someone before that sitting on someone else's bike without their permission is screwed up and I believe is technically against the law. I then remind them that less than a 100 years go (and even less than that as it was still a law for quite a while in Texas,) that if an owner came outside to find someone sitting on their horse, they were legally allowed to shoot the suspected horse thief on the spot. For a long time, horse thievery was a capital crime and technically once you're mounted, you're now stolen it even if you haven't gone anywhere. Now a days, it can actually be considered trespassing. Many states and federal law consider vehicles an extension of a person's private property (which is why police need probable cause or a search warrant to search it.) So entering, or in this case sitting on, can be taken as a violation of a person's property.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
But the day I find someone sitting on my bike, is the day I'll round-house kick someone off first ask questions later.
The only time I consider violence over it is when I can see them through the window of the liquor store as I'm flirting with the girl behind the counter; working the shift lever while leaving the clutch in place. One fellow in particular started kicking at the shift lever hard, apparently not comprehending how it functioned and expecting it to drop further after shifting into first out of neutral, clutchless.

When that happens, I feel the weight of my helmet against my hip, think longingly about it's heft, consider the soft tissues of the throat and nasal cavities, then I finish paying for my hooch and head on out to loudly educate yet another dipshit, my knuckles white with restraint.

Thereafter, I check my bike to make sure they haven't screwed anything up before I trust myself with it again.

So far I haven't had any trouble shifting, and have only once had the throttle jammed by an aggressive twister knocking hard on the bar end, but that gets under my skin just the same, and whether or not they do serious damage to my bike seems beside the point; it's still a pain in the ass, and further proof that civilization is decaying rapidly right under our noses.

·
Registered
368 Posts
That pisses me off so bad. What makes these idiots think they can sit on someone else's property. And possibly damaging it if it falls over. Just hope they're ready for the carbon fiber/kevlar mesh knuckles our gloves has....

Reactions: GreenSmitten

·
Registered
392 Posts
Same thing happend to me. I left the bike right in front of Best Buy, and when I walk out, some chick is sitting on it while her boyfriend was taking a picture of her! I was mad, but was too much of a wussy to show it, but i was with my friend, who also had a motorcycle parked next to it, and he was even madder. He went crazy on the dude! I had to tell him it was alright, cuz i think he was gonna beat the crap out of of him right in front of his girl...

I dont know why people just think it is ok to sit on it. That would be the equivalent of me opening someone's car door and sitting in it...wtf!
You should have sniffed your seat after she got off the bike and say "mmmm she smells good!" :p

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
1 - 20 of 111 Posts