Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok sooooo this isn't a normal fog problem I guess. I wear glasses. They like to fog up..I bought a balaclava to attempt to mitigate this. Sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't. Any ideas for anti fog for eyewear under the helmet?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah tried it doesn't work so well. Either buffets my glasses or makes my eyes water up depending on head positioning....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
you can use just about anything. you need to put a film of some description between the glasses and the air(atmosphere) you can use spit, soap, detergent, whatever you can lay your hands on. but it needs to be non toxic & have no vapor so it doesn’t affect your eyes.

i suggest you fireup google and search on say

diy antifog solution

to start with.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
151 Posts
I read that dish soap works for visors, maybe it'll work for glasses?
Just rub it on, let it set for a few minutes and wipe it off.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Shaving cream, it works quite well. You can use it on your visor and glasses. It even works on your bathroom mirror... Just foam it on and wipe it off, works best if you do it twice.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
I use sun glass and to get them not to fog so bad I use anti fog they sell at my local dive shop. Just remember if you clean them off to reuse the anti fog as it will clean off also.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Lift the ear pieces up a little off of your ears. It will tilt the top front of the glass outwards and minimizes the amount of breath that can get between you and your eyewear. It might be a little different for prescription glasses, but that works fine for my sunglasses.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I vaguely remember you posting you bought a Shoei Qwest? If so did you try the vent option with the lever on the left? It cracks it just a hair, not as much as pushing to the first detent, but it vents pretty well.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have glasses and dont have this problem o_O

·
Registered
958 Posts
I don't know if all helmets have this option, but I have an AGV helmet, and they have breath deflectors, they cover your nose and deflect any breath down, so it doesn't go up and fog your visor. It would probably work for your glasses.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts