Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I notice that a bunch of people are doing signal upgrades.
I'm curious as to which relay you guys are using.
I bought the Trident EL 12. It worked wonderfully for an entire 4 minutes, and, now... nothing at all. Can't even turn my blinkers on, except with the OEM relay

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Visit any auto parts store. I bought a CEC brand "electronic flasher" with a pn #EF32. Under $5. Plugged right in and cured my non flashing tiny rear bulbs.

It has a round body and no provision for attachment so I used the rubber bracket/fitting off the stocker, taped it on with a few rounds of elecrtical tape and slipped it on the stock bracket. Clean & easy.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Oh! My signals aren't LED. They're just a much smaller version of the stock ones. Does that make any difference?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Nope, an electronic flasher will work just the same with incandescent or LED bulbs.

I will hijack this thread to ask something though...

Has anyone found an electronic flasher yet, that when paired with LEDs, allows the dash signals to operate properly?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nope, an electronic flasher will work just the same with incandescent or LED bulbs.

I will hijack this thread to ask something though...

Has anyone found an electronic flasher yet, that when paired with LEDs, allows the dash signals to operate properly?
I bought this relay from this poster's instructions. My dash indicator blinks correctly, the front signal blinks correctly and the rear signal blinks correctly. I only replaced the rear signal with some Chinese led rear signal blinkers and kept the front signal stock.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
[/URL]

Check out the TST Industries Gen2-F relay. It plugs right into the harness in place of the OEM unit, and mounts to the subframe in the same fashion as the OEM unit. We have a video on our YouTube channel showing the installation procedure of this part so you can do it yourself without any hangups. Our relay comes preset to 85 cycles per minute (OEM rate), but can be adjusted to your liking. The flash rate adjustment procedure is show in another video on our YouTube channel

If you want more info please click the image above and you will be taken to the page where the relay is listed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.