Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone does LED turn signals easiest way is to change the flash relay... I was going to go a different route but learned its easier with a relay and a little bit more safe... if anyone is needing a location for the relay its between the front and rear seat on the right. I have a you tube video up look it up on thr relay if ur not sure where or what it should look like if u need a link let me know

·
Registered
46 Posts
I did the same mod myself.

Like many owners I installed a 'tail tidy' and it came with LED turn signals for the rear.

For those that haven't done this yet, or aren't aware, LED turn signals don't provide enough current draw to operate the standard flasher relay and the turn signal will just stay 'on' until cancelled.

I purchased mine from SuperBrightLEDs.com for ~$13 and the part number for the relay is
CF12ANL-01 which is an exact fit for the connector and I would recommend using some Velcro to keep it from rattling around inside the fairing.

A couple photos - before and after...

Attachments

Reactions: C-Hubb

·
Registered
463 Posts
when i bought the targa eliminator kit, it came with an in-line resistors, so i didnt have to switch relays

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt want to go that route the resisters get to hot im worried about that im sure its safe but I dont like that idea

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
If anyone does LED turn signals easiest way is to change the flash relay... I was going to go a different route but learned its easier with a relay and a little bit more safe... if anyone is needing a location for the relay its between the front and rear seat on the right. I have a you tube video up look it up on thr relay if ur not sure where or what it should look like if u need a link let me know
You can buy a new relay at autozone for like 6 bucks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts