Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting full gear and protection for the bike, wanna start doing some hill runs but being a first timer I don't know where to start. I did find a web page but can't decide which one to go or is there a group to go with?
Web page: http://www.motowhere.com/listpaths/country/14/region/5/city/1312

Also I wanna get fender eliminator but don't know where to put learners/p plate sign up

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
After getting full gear and protection for the bike, wanna start doing some hill runs but being a first timer I don't know where to start. I did find a web page but can't decide which one to go or is there a group to go with?
Web page: http://www.motowhere.com/listpaths/country/14/region/5/city/1312

Also I wanna get fender eliminator but don't know where to put learners/p plate sign up
The thing to remember about your first twisties is that it's easy to ride over your head...especially in a group. Find a few riders you trust (if you know any near you) and make sure they know you're a noob and then ask for some company. You won't feel pressure to ride over your head and that can watch you and give you tips. You might feel more comfortable riding with someone as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing to remember about your first twisties is that it's easy to ride over your head...especially in a group. Find a few riders you trust (if you know any near you) and make sure they know you're a noob and then ask for some company. You won't feel pressure to ride over your head and that can watch you and give you tips. You might feel more comfortable riding with someone as well.

Good luck!
Don't know anyone, moved from Nsw 4-6 yeas ago for job and started riding 8 months I think

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just remember to take it easy. You're not trying to set fastest laps out there, because it's not a track. You're just out there to have fun and learn at your own pace. I would recommend that you go alone at first or go with people you really, really trust and people who know to dial it back - it's easy to get caught up when you're riding with other people, try too hard to keep up, and ride way above your current skill level.

Even though it may seem to make sense to follow the faster riders, I'd say it's probably better to learn the route and go ahead of them to set the pace - this way you won't be tempted to try keep up with them, and you could probably ask them to observe your riding and give you tips and pointers.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Riding solo is fine...just careful going TOO slow that you're not a hazard around blind corners (for faster riders). Maybe go during the week at off hours so there's not much traffic coming from behind.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

first off - fender eliminators are highly illegal Australia wide, we have had riders report they have been nabbed for it, not worth it

besides, cage drivers have a hard enough time now keeping their eyes on the road and paying attention to where they are driving and hardly looking for us now, why make it easier for them not to see you and become a hood ornament???

leave the stock fender there and bolt the L/P plate to the bottom of the licence plate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts