Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Yo! Good videos. Buttonwillow? That's a ways out there. Must do Street of Willow -- I prefer counter-clockwise!

Don't you hate it when your'e on a small bike tucked in and WFO when some putz on a 1000 pulls along side and gives a little wave!? I used my KLR-650 for a couple of track days at SOW and the knuckleheads I was riding with were on GXR-1000's, HondaCBR's etc... I didn't see them do much waving in the turns though!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yo! Good videos. Buttonwillow? That's a ways out there. Must do Street of Willow -- I prefer counter-clockwise!

Don't you hate it when your'e on a small bike tucked in and WFO when some putz on a 1000 pulls along side and gives a little wave!? I used my KLR-650 for a couple of track days at SOW and the knuckleheads I was riding with were on GXR-1000's, HondaCBR's etc... I didn't see them do much waving in the turns though!
Never done Streets CCW. I'm shooting for the big track in August and I'm hoping to do Chuckwallah in September. If not, maybe Streets since it's closer to home.

:laugh: Doesn't really bother me. What frustrated me at one session was a dude with a Duc 1199 parking it on the corners then pinning on the straights. I spent so much energy passing at every corner then totally getting crushed on the straights. But you know, everyone's got to play through their strength. If they can pass you with ease on the straight, more power to them.

What kind of tires are you running on the KLR? I have a DR200se.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Doesn't really bother me. What frustrated me at one session was a dude with a Duc 1199 parking it on the corners then pinning on the straights. I spent so much energy passing at every corner then totally getting crushed on the straights..
Chuckwalla is nicer track for dicing it up with bigger bikes. Its wider and it flows nicely.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Never done Streets CCW. I'm shooting for the big track in August and I'm hoping to do Chuckwallah in September. If not, maybe Streets since it's closer to home.

:laugh:

What kind of tires are you running on the KLR? I have a DR200se.
I had converted my 2007 to a "Motard" and put 18" front wheel on it. I was running Avons -- basically busting around the "Boo." Anyway, I may consider joining you for the big track in August but would have to take the CBR -- as the poor little Ninja will be eating dust in that hellish long straight! Chuckwallah sounds like fun and that is something I would like to try as well. Just so happens I got an old beater van and can take bike and sleep in van at track! :cowboysmilie:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
I had converted my 2007 to a "Motard" and put 18" front wheel on it. I was running Avons -- basically busting around the "Boo." Anyway, I may consider joining you for the big track in August but would have to take the CBR -- as the poor little Ninja will be eating dust in that hellish long straight! Chuckwallah sounds like fun and that is something I would like to try as well. Just so happens I got an old beater van and can take bike and sleep in van at track! :cowboysmilie:
Sounds like fun with that bike at the "boo" with those tight technical turns.

I haven't been to the Big Track in over 5 years but I'm kind of curious to see what kind of times I can do with the 300, hopefully under 2 mins. LOL.

The CBR would be fun. I want to do a trackday at Chuckwalla but it has to be a weekend. It looks like TrackDaz has trackdays at Chuckwalla but they seem to be on the Fridays before race weekend.

Camping at the track is pretty fun. Shoot the shit with buddies or people you've never met before. Good times. In the summer, I just put the sleeping bag on the concrete and sleep :laugh: .

21 - 31 of 31 Posts