Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello People, I have rode 100 CC bikes and VESPA etc not planning to get my first sportsbike and thinking about KAWASAKI NINJA 300 ABS. I weigh 130lbs and just 5'.8" tall. I worried if this will be too heavy of a bike for me. Please share your suggestions.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm 5"10 155lbs, not THAT different from you. From what I understand, this bike is as light as it gets with this kind of power. It's easy to maneuver which is your main objective. I wouldn't worry if I were you. Your legs will keep you on the bike while stopped with no problems, and while you're riding there isn't much of a strength requirement.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm 5"10 155lbs, not THAT different from you. From what I understand, this bike is as light as it gets with this kind of power. It's easy to maneuver which is your main objective. I wouldn't worry if I were you. Your legs will keep you on the bike while stopped with no problems, and while you're riding there isn't much of a strength requirement.
thank you. How tough is it to push around when parking.

·
Registered
131 Posts
thank you. How tough is it to push around when parking.
Its not bad, I'm 5'6", 120lbs. With a full tank of gas, it can be a little top heavy, but nothing you can't manage. Enjoy! Its a fun bike!:p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
490 Posts
Its pretty easy to move around and not heavy unless you're trying to reverse up a hill.I'm about the same weight and height as you.its only really the older bikes and much bigger cc bikes that are a battle with weight as far as I understand.a friend has a 600cc and it doesn't feel much heavier than the 300.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The bike will NOT be too heavy for you. I am 5'0 weigh 105lbs. plus I am 57 years old and female. I have very week hands. And this bike is perfect for me.
How do you go with reversing? Im same height and weight and it scares me + I end up with bruising on my calves any tricks?

Sent from my MT15a using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I'm 5'0" and a bit under 110 lbs. Pushing around the bike isn't a problem. I usually get off to go in reverse though since I have short legs.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Dani Pedrosa is 5'3" tall and weighs 115 lbs and he rides a 1000cc Moto GP bike at over 200 mph, you'll be fine. :D

Reactions: Spacep0d

·
Registered
168 Posts
It is one of my (many) reasons for not wanting to 'upgrade' to a 600. I like the size, weight and seat height of this bike. I'm 5'6" and only weigh 145 in full winter riding gear.

·
Registered
68 Posts
How do you go with reversing? Im same height and weight and it scares me + I end up with bruising on my calves any tricks?

Scoot all the way up on tha seat and take small steps. I had thebike lowered 2 inches. Forgot to mention that Just take it so and easy and do not let people rush you

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm 5'9", about 125lbs. I agree with that earlier comment about the bike feeling a little top heavy with a full tank, but it's not unmanageable. I occasionally have to reverse uphill, and that requires a bit of work. As long as I keep my head up when I'm reversing, it's not a problem at all haha

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I weigh 130lbs and just 5'.8" tall. I worried if this will be too heavy of a bike for me. Please share your suggestions.
no dramas at all, i weigh 73 kilograms & im 178 centimetres tall and ride this bike no dramas, in fact i even owned a BMW K1200LTSE that weight over 300 kilograms for a number of years and i ride it with no dramas at all either, lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Scoot all the way up on tha seat and take small steps. I had thebike lowered 2 inches. Forgot to mention that Just take it so and easy and do not let people rush you
Ahh ok that would make a difference, im trying not to get it lowered..stubbornness lol

·
Registered
952 Posts

Keep your feet behind the foot pegs. Take small steps. Slow and steady.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 43 Posts