Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got through most of the day w/o getting on the bike because of the 50% chance of rain. After daydreaming and no site of rain I threw caution to the wind, hopped on the bike and made my way to Arroyo Seca in Carmel Valley. Sure enuff at the furthest distance from my house... total down pour through the tight twisties. My nerves and bike did fairly well, tho it did tighten my pucker a bit :eek:

·
Registered
865 Posts
LOL nice one dude! happens to the best of us! you know what they say? when it rains it pours at the worst time!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Good stuff. SAFE!

I hate riding in the rain. Especially when its pouring. Like a dog out in the rain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I will take the rain over cross wind anyday

Can't say I like to be rain on but it scare the **** out me me being blown around by stronge cross wind.:mad:

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I think this bike does great in the rain :)

My 250R feels like the back tire is gonna slide out on every corner, not so fun haha

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think this bike does great in the rain :)
After that day and then another episode thru some heavy fog and slick tarmac I feel super confident in the wet on this bike. Dont ham fist throttle/brakes, stay focused, extend your buffer w/traffic and your good.

I feel my bike handling skills have improved greatly from it. This bike is soo much better than my old heavy KZ750. The riding position isnt too slack or too cafe'd out. Perfect for good and bad conditions, cant speak highly enuff about it :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
My experience in the wet on the 300 has been entirely different. I was taking a 90-degree turn at around 15 mph when I let off the throttle slightly, causing the rear tire to lock and slide a bit before I recovered. I don't know if maybe I hit an oily spot or something, but it was an interesting experience I'd rather not repeat any time in the near future. I'll just leave the bike at home whenever there's a decent chance of rain from now on.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I coped the rain the day i bought my bike on the way home first time on a bike in 24 yrs and it started pouring rain as i come into 5 km of winding road that was fun

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I live on extremely curvy roads, not in a city. I have no desire to do 55 around a curve in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
How heavy is the 300 vs most 600ccs?
they are actually very close in weight (depending on bike, some heavier than others) when comparing the 300 to a super sport, mainly because the super sports use lighter components..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts