Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just completed my first ride. didnt have much time but i went around the neighborhood a few times. even around the hood topping at ~30mph or so, i had a blast and the smiles were demonstrated. Still having troubles with the friction zone out of first but it's getting there... also shifting comes quick and from a history of an automatic, it's a new experience.

but even 45 minutes has given me a confidence boost that in time, i'll get this and will continue to seek out skill improvements. had my first encounter with a bit of traffic today as well as having to pass slower moving vehicle but i cannot wait for the next ride!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yea the friction zone is tricky and small on the 300. I remember my first ride a few weeks ago. I was so scared I'd drop it. Now I jump on the thing like its a bicycle.

·
Registered
865 Posts
nice! gratz on the new bike! Get plenty of practice!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I also took my first ride on my brand new 300 today.. Rode around the immediate street near my house and many laps through the wide open elementary parking lot... I noticed quickly that I needed to work on starting I'm 1st on an incline, but quickly caught on to have much throttle to give and how much clutch to let out at the same time... I felt sooooo free.. I can't wait until I feel like it's a bicycle... Trying to pull it into a small narrow position next toy car really reminds me how heavy in pounds the motorcycle actually is... Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
865 Posts
on a hill at a stop light try using your back brake rather than your front brake to keep yourself from moving..

I mean brake coming to the stop with both brakes, but once your stopped let off your front brake and press hard on your rear. this way your hands are free to manipulate the clutch and gas without trying to fumble between the brake and the gas.

the only thing thats different and hard to get used to is your gonna have your left foot down rather than your right, but you shouldn't need second gear till u get to 10-15 mph, so your foots going to be on the pegs by then anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts