Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bike this morning. Put 100 miles on her. The camera on my phone is jacked up but here are a couple that my wife took before heading out. Rode with a very good friend of mine. Had a blast..My only complaint is..What the heck was Kawi thinking with this plank of a seat..jeez

·
Registered
215 Posts
Glad to hear you liked the new ride. I have no complaints with this seat this is my first bike though, maybe I am lucky and never had better. I hope that you continue to enjoy the bike and stay on two wheels!

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
It is a sport bike not a cruiser so its meant for riding the twisty not just hanging out on going down the highway.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The seat gets better the more you brake it in. I have 900 miles on mine and the seat doesn't bother me. It did a little when I first got it. Dunno if I got used to it or it got broke in.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yes, the seat does get better with time. The only softer seat I've had on a sport bike is the Ninja 650r. The 250r was even harder, and my Street Triple r and GSXR-1000 is every bit as hard with a much stiffer suspension. It's a sport bike thing. They put soft seats on cruisers and touring bikes. If it doesn't bet better in a few hundred miles, you can replace it with a corbin, but it will be fine I think, in part too because the suspension...spring will loosen up a bit with time. In the meantime, if you see you are about to hit a sharp edge, raise yourself up just a little off the seat to decrease the jaring.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the seat does get better with time. The only softer seat I've had on a sport bike is the Ninja 650r. The 250r was even harder, and my Street Triple r and GSXR-1000 is every bit as hard with a much stiffer suspension. It's a sport bike thing. They put soft seats on cruisers and touring bikes. If it doesn't bet better in a few hundred miles, you can replace it with a corbin, but it will be fine I think, in part too because the suspension...spring will loosen up a bit with time. In the meantime, if you see you are about to hit a sharp edge, raise yourself up just a little off the seat to decrease the jaring.

Oh yeah, I was definitely lifting myself up today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts