Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got my Ninja 300 today!!

I spent the first hour riding around a sub-division working out all the noob stuff. Lot's of sand on the road, and dirt from a housing development so really, it could have only gotten worse if water was thrown in or ice.

Some of the things I noticed and learned

1) OMFG I'm going so flipping fast! *Looks at speedo* hmm, 45 Kph...

2) Hell no am I staying under 4K RPM, the bike just doesn't perform there, hell you need almost 4K just to get off the line

3) Engine braking is really strong, I'll almost never need to use brakes it seems

4) Baaad idea to downshift in a corner, even when going stupid slow. With the temps and the sand/dust on the road, even a really cautious turn with a downshift made the back tire momentarily slide out on me. Was literally the tiniest of slips, but enough for me to be alarmed.

5) The horn and the turn signals are close together... You learn quickly not to push the wrong one haha

6) "Huh, my wrists hurt..Oh you stupid fool, stop supporting your weight with your arms, grip the damn tank!"

7) Anything past 7K RPM with open throttle is stupid fun!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
4) Baaad idea to downshift in a corner, even when going stupid slow. With the temps and the sand/dust on the road, even a really cautious turn with a downshift made the back tire momentarily slid out on me. Was literally the tiniest of slips, but enough for me to be alarmed.
read the new riders tips in my signature below, grab the books/dvd mentioned, twist of wrist 1 & 2

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
read the new riders tips in my signature below, grab the books/dvd mentioned, twist of wrist 1 & 2
Yea, I knew better than to do it, but I was going so slow I didn't think anything would happen. Thankfully I was still going too slow for anything serious to happen, but a little slip is enough to keep me smart.

Sometimes you just gotta learn the hard way even when you know better :p

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bahaha. when teaching my friend how to ride, he comes back saying he was going super fast. check the camera footage...top speed was 24 MPH

love it.
lol it's so true though! I'm used to riding a road bicycle. So I jump on a motorcycle and my brain is used to going under 50 Kph. Suddenly I'm going 70 and the brain is freaking out! "How is the bicycle going so fast!?! Whats happening? This isn't a CAR!!!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts