Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I pick my bike up, I while have two main choices for the ride home. 15 km down the highway or 25k's through possibly thickish traffic. Highway sounds obvious but bit nervous about heading out on a new bike at 100k's an hour while getting a feel for it. I'm not a hugely experienced rider so any recommendations?

· Registered
239 Posts
Talk your dealer into giving you free delivery, most are willing to do so. If not, I would recommend the non-highway route, since you don't need to react as quickly at non-highway speeds.

· Registered
138 Posts
Bruce Highway from Burpengary to Bald Hills, probably after work so around 330 or 4 in the arvo.
not the best time IMO and from experience. plenty of workers finishing work. do a 5-10km "feel of the bike" thing. start from the servo then go to the side street from the crazydogs. should be okay. practice the emergency braking too...

· Registered
2 Posts
I also picked up my ninja from crazy dogs in burpengary. And living I'm mango hill, I decided to take the back roads through burpengary and narangba and dakabin to get there, unfortunately in started raining half way home so it was probably lucky I wasn't in the highway at that point! Especially on those brand new tyres.

· Registered
46 Posts
Seems like a lot of us smart people bought from crazy dogs :D...I would recommend going back up the service road that the dealer is on, crossing the highway at the deception bay road turn off and get on Old Gympie Road, then follow that all the way back into Strathpine and then to Bald Hills (Im sure you know that way)....Happy riding mate.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got bike home safe and sound. My mate rode it. After my first decent ride, looking back I probably should have just jumped on and cruised up the highway. Ah well, all's good and enjoying the new bike. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.