Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today, I decided that after having my Ninja 300 for about two months I was going to take my first real free way ride of a good distance. I decided to visit my girlfriend and her parents in Lake Elsinore, as I am from San Diego this is about a 45 mile ride on the 15 North. So I get on the freeway for the first time and it takes me a couple miles to get use to the wind factor that happens when going around 70-80 MPH. After a short while I am over that and it was really a smooth ride all the way there no problems at all. However, the ride home was a completely different story.

So I left my girlfriends house around 11 P.M, I had to be at work at midnight since I work the graveyard shift. Well, I left and I don't know this city too well and the only way I know how to get to the freeway is closed because there is a resteraunt on fire. Tons and Tons of police vehicles and fire trucks, huge fire. Well I rode around thinking I would find the next freeway entrance no problem, well this city is more of a ghost town that I thought! I was riding around for 25 minutes before I found the first gas stations to ask for directions! Keep in mind my phone was also dead. The cashier guy was probably stoned out of his mind and how no idea how to get me to the freeway. Well about another 15 minutes I found a chevron and there was a guy sweeping outside who gave me perfect directions to get onto the 15. So it is about 11:40 P. M at this time and I have 20 minutes to get to work and I have about 50 Miles to go as I went backwards to get onto the freeway.
Literally as soon as I got onto the freeway it started to POUR rain on me. I have never ridden in the rain before and I always take my cage when it is gonna rain. It was at the point that I had trouble seeing through the rain, I was starting to think about just pulling over but I could no be any later than I already was! So I just pulled to the slow lane and cruised around 55 MPH to 60 MPH. I must admit I was pretty scared as this was really my second time ever one a freeway and it was pouring rain! Luckily I got to work and I was only 30 minutes late. Turned my phone on to texts and missed phone calls from co-workers and the girlfriend worried out of their minds. I guess my girlfriend could hear all the sirens from the fire just as I left so she was a bit spooked.
I thought I would share this story with you guys as it is a bit funny now, but sure wasnt at the time! Be safe out there guys! Especially in the rain! Don't have to much pride and slow down and let cars pass you, who cares no matter what they are driving you are still way cooler than any cage on your bike!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Glad you're safe! After my first experience riding in the pouring rain, I immediately got myself rain gear to go over my regular riding gear and I carry it with me if there's any possibility of rain. I am not a fan of being soaking wet on a bike haha.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Damn that blows, but glad you made it safe. I carry rain gear in my work backpack every day, even if it's perfectly sun shiny and no chance of rain.

Apparently it was snowing the other day according to the news and I was sitting outside working on my bike and it was sun shiny and 40 degrees. Yeah... good work local news.

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
OMG CBZ CHANGE YOUR AVATAR! That is too damn hot for work!

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
OMG CBZ CHANGE YOUR AVATAR! That is too damn hot for work!
It was totally safe for work, damn sexy but she had a shirt and jeans on :eek::eek::eek:

I actually clicked the wrong one to upload, I decided to change it up, away from the woman one for bit :D

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
It was totally safe for work, damn sexy but she had a shirt and jeans on :eek::eek::eek:

I actually clicked the wrong one to upload, I decided to change it up, away from the woman one for bit :D
It was waaaaaaaaay too sexy lmfao. I LOVE that GIF.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Better to be late to work then to never make it to work.
+1
Can't stress this enough. :cool:

You do the right thing mate slowing down :) my first pouring rain incident on my older 250 last year sucked. I couldn't see through ny visor probably only going 40kmh over a crest to find stopped traffic. Locked brakes and slammed into the back of a suv. Totalled the bike but walked away. :eek: I felt so lucky to be alive but sad with the bike. Since then i avoid rain but if i must just try and do 10 under the speed limit and leave a huge gap to the vehicle infront :)

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
My first ride in the rain was on a highway in Tucson on the way home on my cruiser. No ABS and in the summer in Tucson, we had almost daily heavy monsoon showers every afternoon. It's pretty nerve wracking your first time in the rain. You did well slowing down. You also have to really increase your following distance from the car in front of you as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts